Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 AM

Default Re: Can *ANYBODY* actually 12-table at Party without CPU lag?

I opened the software forum today for this exact reason.. I can barely 6 table with PA HUD open. I was thinking that this is because of the jackpot tables / bars etc and i was hoping for a new "De monster" or something similar. BTW is there anything to kill the jackpot slider?

I was thinking that i need a new PC but now that everybody (almost..) suffers the same i dont know. I dont play SNG FWIW.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:49 AM

I'm having the same. 12 tables will slow down my whole system ridiculously. 9 tables do fine. I only play 4 tables though, so it's not a problem for me. The only difference is that when I play, I don't datamine anymore.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm just gonna have to play smaller sessions I think. I can't face playing with all the Stars nits and even if I have to play 40% fewer games I'll just try and get other stuff done while I'm finishing off my short sessions.

I'd buy a better PC if I thought it would do any good - the extra cost would quickly negate the EV lost from playing 40% less SNGs/hour, but I doubt it would do any good and Party's [censored] chug-monster would just eat up the extra cycles.

Why can't they just spend one whole month making it work better instead of adding totally [censored] uses crap like comma separated numbers and new popups??? Even if they couldn't fix it I'm sure they could add a fail-safe mode where all the fancy crap was turned off and the graphics only updated every second or something similar.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 10:39 AM

i got an intel dual core and i can 8 table cashgames with PAH without problems, and I also played ~12 sngs (without PAH) without problems.

maybe a dumb suggestion but did you try turning off the animations? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: with my old computer (1.4ghz single core) i was able to play 8 tables with slight problems but still very playable
Old 05-10-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i got an intel dual core and i can 8 table cashgames with PAH without problems, and I also played ~12 sngs (without PAH) without problems.

maybe a dumb suggestion but did you try turning off the animations? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: with my old computer (1.4ghz single core) i was able to play 8 tables with slight problems but still very playable

[/ QUOTE ]
I turned off everything possible; no animations, no sound, etc.

My PC isn't too bad either it's a dual code 3Gz machine with 2GB of RAM. At the start of the year I had no problems at all and could 12-table SNGs indefinitely and last year I used to play upto 9 tables of 6max limit ring on a 1.4GHz single core machine with DB and HUD running (now I have nothing running and it still chugs...).

I'm just about to try editing all but the most essential graphics files to 1x1 pixel to see if that makes any difference.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:08 PM

I play cash so might not be relevant, but when i open lobby during a multi table session, computer slows dont alot until i minimize it.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:28 PM

For [censored] sake party you are a [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

This is such a joke... I just managed a 1 hour session and after 20 mins 10 tables was lagging, after 40 mins 6 was unbearable. If I can't even play 6 tables for 1 hour then I might as well not play at all.

In the middle of the lag I decided to minimize all the tables and see what happened and instant 6% CPU use, so it's something they have done to the graphics. I'm seriously considering just writing my own table display which works off minimized tables and reads the output of the ".live" files as this is just a joke. I only need to see the state of the game when it's my turn so I won't have to poll them all the time.

I'm also wondering if I can block all BitBlt() calls unless their is a fold button or present on the table or if I'm sitting out by accident, but I'm not 100% sure if that is what is causing it to run so badly...

[censored] you Party - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Juk, you got card mods?
Old 05-11-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Juk, you got card mods?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, but I've used them for ages without problems until recently?

Old 05-11-2007, 04:27 PM

THERE IS NO MEMORY LEAK AT PARTYPOKER!