Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Should Robert E. Lee be considered a war criminal?

[ QUOTE ]
So you actually agree with everyone else in this thread that RE Lee was not, and never could be considered a war criminal. Glad we could clear that up. Perhaps we could start up a series of Retarted Strawmen Threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply an uncalled for ad hominem. I suggest you read the question and my comments. From the outset, I made it clear that I have been taught that Robert E. Lee was a great man, hero, etc., and I stated that I believe that to this day.

The actual thrust of the question came right at the outset: (paraphrasing) "If Lee could have ended the war at an earlier time, yet chose not to, at what point (if any) do his actions amount to murder ... under the premises stated in the OP.

I don't understand how by one merely asking a question necessarily means it is necessary to impart an opinion to the one asking the question.

Finally, I never said that Lee "never could be considered a war criminal." I thought it was pretty clear that I was introducing some scenarios, that if were factually accurate, could open up that very possibility.

I don't appreciate being called retarded, either. Remember, hugs are for retards.