Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: 3/6 a BB special, h/u, how to extract most value ?

I don't understand what people didn't understand in my first post.

[ QUOTE ]

yep standard, you can't afford for another spade to come off

[/ QUOTE ]

I was replying to this. I said, generically, in small pots, giving free cards isn't that bad. Giving up a fraction of a 2 sb pot is not terrible. Especially if our opponent is prone to betting with air on scary boards in blind hands. Given that our opponent open limps in MP, this is not so true anymore. I am still saying that on this board you should bet a 100%. A fourth spade might not only kill our hand, it also kills our action if we are still good.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah... Villain didn't have a high [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] this time or he would've called, but sometimes Villain's bet will be the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or whatever, in which case a turn will make a flop call look tragic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet/fold some medium high (JQT) [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s in villans shoes in this spot. pot being small etc.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Yeah, ok, generally whatever. But this situation is different because our hand is ginormous and vulnerable.

Ignoring that the Qs is on the board, bet/folding the J or Q of spades in this spot against a blind hand HU in an unraised pot is not good.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always leading out this flop. But would it be too cute to b/c the flop and b/3b a non [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn?

[/ QUOTE ]I think so. After raising the flop and getting donked into again on the turn, villain isn't raising again unless you're already beat.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:11 PM

completely off the topic, but first time around i raise most any single middle or late position openlimper to me in the BB(in moderation of course). if i wasn't going to do it, this would likely be the type of holding i would have but it's usually an "any two cards" play for me. we're getting about 1.75-1 odds on the play so they need to fold about 36% of the time for it to show profit.

postflop i don't care about letting a free card come off. the pot is 2.5 freakin' small bets. what are we worried about? the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesn't even have the immediate odds to draw right now.

i'm definitely checking the flop. monotone flops are great to bluff. since donking a single opponent on a monotone flop is such a profitable bluff, that usually means that betting out for value isn't going to be the most profitable play. i don't care if we c/r or c/c with the intentions of a stop and go. we just need to take the line that maximizes the number of bets that go into the middle of the virtual table. i'm sort of laughing on the inside at anyone concerned about a spade sliding off on the turn in a pot that is effectively 1.25BB. if there was a spot for a playing slow, this might be it.