Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Prove I\'m a bot Mr. Gatorade

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah man, just create another bot and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I think that you don't get is that YOU have to prove that you're NOT a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you prove you're not a bot? You can't prove a negative for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I hear that thrown around all the time, and its basically bull. I can prove that the earth isn't flat. I can prove that I am not an 80 year old grandmother. I can prove that I am not African American. I can prove that I am not female. I can prove that I don't weigh less than 160 pounds. I can prove that I am not a doctor, a teacher, a magician, or a professional wrestler.

So, umm, you can prove a negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

so show us how its done then. Prove to me you arent a bot.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:28 AM

LOL... I did prove you were using a bot, just not to you. Duh. Thats why you dont have any money anymore on FTP and you are banned. =)

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)
Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
beatme1 never explained the -95% Roi in tourneys on Sharkscope.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's those escalating blinds, good players just dont hvae a chance in those crapshoots
Old 06-11-2007, 03:53 AM

I think Full Tilt should show the "evidence" he is a bot. I don't trust these sites one whit.

Put up the iron clad evidence that allows you to confiscate 70K.

Oh and go to court? Go to court where? LOL.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I think that you don't get is that YOU have to prove that you're NOT a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think hand histories of timing out would be a good start

[/ QUOTE ]

In that entire other mess of a thread I never saw this suggested.
The problem with it is people are simply going to say "well of course the human took over at times and therefore won't always look like a bot."
There has to be something going on here besides things that players or observers could actually observe by watching a single table.

Let's say someone was playing multiple tables with a bot. Could something related to how it responded to "your turn" type happenings be a giveaway? Would one insight potentially be that a bot would be programmed to finalize the first calculation it was working on always- and therefore never do the human thing which would be to simply give up/play thru on another hand from time to time while contemplating the table?
Example... I have two tables running on a bot (no I don't- please realize this is a hypothetical and I don't want any doomswitches) - having made a decision on one table the bot now goes to the next prompted decision process.
But as a human my guess is every real person without a single exception will at times mix up the order they actually act for their next decisions.
In other words... table two prompts me to act (as a human now)... but I'm 100 percent positive about what I am doing on table one while not sure yet on table two, so I retake control of table one and play my hand there instead of table two- which prompted me to act first.
Would a bot have a tendency to simply pound thru the first process over another and never vary here where humans would?
Would a bot display the SIMPLICITY that humans at times exhibit by finishing an easier hand to play out while pondering another decision?

We probably will never know but I have been thinking more about non observable "evidence" that goes a bit deeper than simply "whenever I do X the bot does Y and it happens all the time".

That said- I still think FT should follow up on their offer to show something to Mike. It isn't definitive with them being able to cherrypick what they show, but it's better than offering it and never following up.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:24 AM

I've seen all the evidence I need to see on this subject from my perspective. Gatorade is an semi-delusional ass, who is responsible for getting 70K seized from one of the many people he has accused of bot-hood. He is the Jack Kevorkian of bot hunters. But who cares? As long as we have a fair fact-finding process, who cares if nutjobs are running around throwing accusations at everyone and seeing what sticks?

FTP has proven to me that they could care less about the issue. They took the money, haven't reimbursed any players (like they said happened long ago) and won't disclose any details of either the process used (because there isn't one) nor even describe the nature of the evidence. Apparently, they have been taking fairness lessons from the Bush administration. Beatme1 may or may not be a bot, but I have all the facts I need to know about leaving my money on full tilt.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anybody here who COULDN'T prove they were not a bot to the satisfaction of at least 2+2? Besides Beatme1 of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how I could prove that I'm not using a bot. I could definitely not do it retroactively.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen all the evidence I need to see on this subject from my perspective. Gatorade is an semi-delusional ass, who is responsible for getting 70K seized from one of the many people he has accused of bot-hood. He is the Jack Kevorkian of bot hunters. But who cares? As long as we have a fair fact-finding process, who cares if nutjobs are running around throwing accusations at everyone and seeing what sticks?

FTP has proven to me that they could care less about the issue. They took the money, haven't reimbursed any players (like they said happened long ago) and won't disclose any details of either the process used (because there isn't one) nor even describe the nature of the evidence. Apparently, they have been taking fairness lessons from the Bush administration. Beatme1 may or may not be a bot, but I have all the facts I need to know about leaving my money on full tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've not read the whole thread (so sorry if this has been mentioned before), but it does seem to remind me of the WSEX player who was accused of being a bot by a new system that "never throws up false positives" only to be found to be an AHK script a few days later resulting in a public apology from the WSEX GM.

Surely there should/could be some system in place for a player to prove they are not a bot (like the guy who send a video to Stars of him playing 30+ SNGs at once). OK so bots are scary and they might scare the fish away, but IMO just randomly having you BR confiscated without a proper explanation is even more scary than the bots themselves!

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL... I did prove you were using a bot, just not to you. Duh. Thats why you dont have any money anymore on FTP and you are banned. =)

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response is what I should have expected. FYI you did not respond to my proposal and there is only one of me. But thanks for admitting that you got me barred. At least you finally told the true about that and proved 100% that you are a liar. In my opinion you have also proven that Full Tilt Poker has been swayed by a fool.

BeatMe1