Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: 25/50 DEEP - why is HE doing all the betting and the shoving?!?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm missing something here but...

You raise with 45s then you got RERAISED a large amount and called. Then the board came with a pair in it and you called a bet that wasn't giving you odds for your flush, especially when its not the nut flush or even a good flush. What the heck are you doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol too good
Old 05-30-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does being a coach not make you a donk? I guess I am still missing something. I can't see any logic or reason to playing the hand the way you did, maybe you were just on tilt or thinking you were going to get lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry, im as baffled by your stupidity as you are by mine, i'm sure
Old 05-30-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does being a coach not make you a donk? I guess I am still missing something. I can't see any logic or reason to playing the hand the way you did, maybe you were just on tilt or thinking you were going to get lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

For your own sake pls just stop.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:00 AM

This is a call against many players at that level, but against still tippin its a fold. The reasons are i dont think this is ever a bluff. I think Ax of hearts is a huge part of his range here. He might have JJ or something like AA, but i just really think this player has a higher flush.

I also think he recently has moved back up to 25/50. I doubt he would want to make such a successful session a mediocre one after just moving up on a bluff. He is also more straightforward than most at that level. I think this is def for value and we are behind his weighted range.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a call against many players at that level, but against still tippin its a fold. The reasons are i dont think this is ever a bluff. I think Ax of hearts is a huge part of his range here. He might have JJ or something like AA, but i just really think this player has a higher flush.

I also think he recently has moved back up to 25/50. I doubt he would want to make such a successful session a mediocre one after just moving up on a bluff. He is also more straightforward than most at that level. I think this is def for value and we are behind his weighted range.

[/ QUOTE ]

im convinced.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:05 AM

its not a huge overbet and he can def. be shoving worse for value + all classic 2 barrel hands like AK,AQ etc with the Ah.
Also ppl tend to check turn with a made full (like JJ) to give you a chance of bluffing so i think thats pretty unlikely.

i think you are good here a lot and would call. that said i havent played much with villian, against someone who doesnt have the balls to bluff this deep you could make an argument for folding.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are way off in thinking he is valueshoving a lot of of worse hands... I think it's a call but it seems very close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is truth and I think this is actually a close fold (and I never fold)
Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 AM

maybe i'm reading too much into the turn bet sizing but it looks like he wanted you to raise it if you have a flush, thinking you might be more apt to just call down a pot sized bet...

i honestly can't recall one hand in my career where i was in your shoes with the flush and was good calling down that oversized river bet. it's soooo sick but i think you have to fold
Old 05-30-2007, 03:28 AM

It's a call, but for other reasons than what people in this thread are saying.

You don't beat much of his value-betting range unlike what people are claiming, but his bluff % is much higher than people realize. Consider this: your hand is towards the very high end of the range he is likely putting you on, and people are still saying you should fold. Do you think he is expecting you to call 9k with AJ (and equivalents, which you frequently would show up with here)? I know there is multiple levels of he thinks I think etc etc but this is basically what it boils down to in most cases.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stilltippin plays kinda weird sometimes. He'll play tight all session and then go crazy every once in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.
this is a perfect description of villian.