Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Default This is a fold?

Villain in this hand is 50/4 over 24 hands, which doesn't matter as much as the fact that several hands prior he had limped AAJ2ss utg and gotten really aggro when he turned his set. So I'm thinking he really likes his hand on the river here, but does that mean he beats me? I kinda had a feeling he had flopped Qs full, but I see monsters under the bed all the time so that doesn't mean anything, lol. All comments on all streets are appreciated, because I'll be the first to admit I dont know what I'm doing.

ps, should i ever overlimp with this hand? i think that i thought my A was suited here, so that's my guess as to why i did that. i've been overlimping a bit more lately, just to try it out, so i'm trying to figure out a decent range to do that with. anyway, i'm under the assumption that preflop is crap.

FullTiltPoker Game #3842412924: Table Delhi (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 12:25:37 ET - 2007/10/13
Seat 1: Bob_Da_Driver1 ($24.05)
Seat 2: enna65 ($38.60)
Seat 3: snozski ($26.30)
Seat 5: YouRBusto ($26.75)
Seat 6: chip_stud75 ($9.75)
chip_stud75 posts the small blind of $0.10
Bob_Da_Driver1 posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to YouRBusto [8s Ts Jh Ac]
enna65 calls $0.25
snozski has 15 seconds left to act
snozski folds
YouRBusto has 15 seconds left to act
YouRBusto calls $0.25
chip_stud75 calls $0.15
Bob_Da_Driver1 checks
*** FLOP *** [Qs Tc Td]
chip_stud75 checks
Bob_Da_Driver1 checks
enna65 checks
YouRBusto bets $0.50
chip_stud75 folds
Bob_Da_Driver1 folds
enna65 calls $0.50
*** TURN *** [Qs Tc Td] [Ad]
enna65 checks
YouRBusto bets $1.75
enna65 calls $1.75
*** RIVER *** [Qs Tc Td Ad] [4d]
enna65 checks
YouRBusto bets $5.50
enna65 has 15 seconds left to act
enna65 raises to $22
YouRBusto has 15 seconds left to act
YouRBusto has requested TIME...
Old 10-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: This is a fold?

I like to play a hand like that, looking to make the nut straight with a flush redraw, but you have to be able to lay down an underfull with it when you feel you're beat. If the Ace was suited you'd definitely play that hand. Try a 4 color deck :P.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:45 PM

You might want a more experienced player's opinion here but here's my 2 cents for what it's worth. Unfortunately 24 hands isn't very many to base a judgement on. The only hand that beats you is QQ (edit:and AA sorry forgot that)and that's certainly possible, but villain could easily show you QT, or TA or even T4 here if he's been calling with a bare T and hits the river. I think I'd probably call and regret it.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:03 PM

this is a fairly marginal hand, so if im going to play it i prefer raising pre flop so you can at least get it HU in position with the limper. as played i pot the flop and turn, and assume my hand is good 95% of the time againts maybe a rag 10. when he calls the turn i smell a rat, however im still value betting the river, and i think i can fold to the reraise - they have played their hand horrendously if its AAxx or QQxx, but thats no reason to pay then off
Old 10-13-2007, 02:27 PM

I think this is a call/it's the other AT, or QT, or some idiotic holding, as often as it is QQ or AA.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a fairly marginal hand, so if im going to play it i prefer raising pre flop so you can at least get it HU in position with the limper. as played i pot the flop and turn, and assume my hand is good 95% of the time againts maybe a rag 10. when he calls the turn i smell a rat, however im still value betting the river, and i think i can fold to the reraise - they have played their hand horrendously if its AAxx or QQxx, but thats no reason to pay then off

[/ QUOTE ]

- you can only really chop it, i.e. he could also have like ATXY and have you on QT - its a definite fold.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 AM

folding is standard......calling is only based on player read.

put yourself in villan's shoes. would you check raise in this spot with anything but the nuts?.........or at least the same hand as op?

even a chop hand with ace 10 check raising would be pretty stupid unless there is a definate read.

fold.......unless you know villan is retarded.