Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Watch Out For Ron Paul

NO he'll just keep saying it over and over so that in the future he can say "We've already discussed that Paul is a racist."
Old 10-11-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you support Ron Paul- you are a racist.

If you don't like the Civil Rights Act- you are a racist.

If you don't like letting the South Secede - you are a racist.

If you don't like Barry Bonds - you are a racist.

If you don't like Affirmative Action - you are a racist.

These are my short list of recollections of dealing with you in the past. I really think there would be fewer racists if the race card wasn't constantly pulled.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're recollections are woefully incorrect, and patently dishonest. It's no surprise you have to make up assertions out of thin air.

For one, I don't support affirmitive action, in fact, I abhor it... and I believe I even participated in debates on these forums some time ago articulating that much. I think a person should have to earn their keep, and not be assisted by skin color.

For two, I've said quite a few times that the Bonds issue is NOT about race, but about the "black and white" issue of rule and law.....in other words, the rules and law as written in "black and white", not to be confused with race.

As for secession, I think at one time I said I didn't think the Civil War was about slavery, but instead more towards the larger issue of states rights.

I don't know how saying the Civil War was NOT about slavery is playing the race card in that debate.

And the rest of the stuff, I never asserted, and you are a patent liar otherwise....but rather than go through the list....I'll just let you think what you want, because it's obvious to me that you base it on whatever you want anyway.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've presented clear, specific reasons why I don't believe "racist" is a correct label for these statements. To me, they are not "obviously" racist. If you wish to convince me or anyone else otherwise, please explain where my argument falls short and specifically what criteria you are using to deem something racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you'll have to go ask this in the other thread. I am prevented by forum rule from discussing my opinion of Ron Paul as it relates to racism in this thread.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 04:23 PM

RedBean,

Does it worry you that you waste so much energy trying to hopelessly bash someone? Does liberty and the logical extensions of it really bother you this much? I realize when someone forces you to question biases that you'd rather maintain that it can be discomforting, but there are probably better uses of your time than constant negativity about a guy you clearly don't understand and don't want to understand. You just make yourself look worse with each post, and your obsession is a pretty good insight into the power of our message. If you weren't worried, I would be.

I'm glad to see you've expanded your emoticon vocabulary, though.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM

Support Ron Paul because his message needs to be heard.

We are not going to win back this country on this election but as long as someone like Paul gets good support then maybe in the future.

If we keep backing the same old establishment candidate time and time again then how do we expect things to change?

Ron Paul supporters are enthusiastic about his message and that is why they support him and donate to his campaign. What people see in the "top" tier candidates is beyond me as it was these types of people that got this country into the mess it is now.