Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 02:14 AM

Default NFL Week 8 + Write-ups

New York Giants -9.5 @ Miami Dolphins (in London)
Technically a road game, but both teams will be on foreign territory. I don't think there's one aspect of the game in which Miami has an edge over New York. The Giants D will put a lot of pressure on Lemon, who without Ronnie Brown will be forced to shoulder a weight he can't handle by himself. He also lost his top receiver in Chris Chambers to the Chargers. The Giants, on the other hand, are looking like the 4th or maybe even 3rd best team in the NFL. I see the Giants winning by 2 touchdowns.

Indianapolis Colts -6.5 @ Carolina Panthers
This line was set as such because the Colts played Monday night and Carolina has had a couple of weeks to prepare. Despite that, they are going with Vinny Testaverde as their QB, which would've been okay in the 90s but won't cut it today. I look for the Colts D to stuff the Panthers running game like they did to Jacksonville's, and for Peyton to light up the Panthers D that has given up an average of 220 passing yds/game this season. Colts will win by at least a touchdown.

New England Patriots -16.5 vs Washington Redskins
Every week I've been laying off on betting the Pats. If I lose this, the week I finally jump in, I will be slightly upset. The only way the Redskins keep this one close is by running the ball a lot, but the Pats have allowed barely over 90 rushing yds/game to this point. The Skins have a good D themselves, but Tom Brady has just too many options -- and he's getting Laurence Maroney back for more support. The game is also at home for the Pats, and everything points toward what we've come to expect this year, a big win by New England. Note: I hate New England, but there is no stopping them... at least until next week, when they have to play the Colts at Indy.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:42 AM

Default Re: NFL Week 8 + Write-ups

[ QUOTE ]
New York Giants -9.5 @ Miami Dolphins (in London)
The Giants, on the other hand, are looking like the 4th or maybe even 3rd best team in the NFL.

Indianapolis Colts -6.5 @ Carolina Panthers
This line was set as such because the Colts played Monday night and Carolina has had a couple of weeks to prepare. Despite that, they are going with Vinny Testaverde as their QB, which would've been okay in the 90s but won't cut it today. I look for the Colts D to stuff the Panthers running game like they did to Jacksonville's, and for Peyton to light up the Panthers D that has given up an average of 220 passing yds/game this season. Colts will win by at least a touchdown.

New England Patriots -16.5 vs Washington Redskins
Every week I've been laying off on betting the Pats. If I lose this, the week I finally jump in, I will be slightly upset. The only way the Redskins keep this one close is by running the ball a lot, but the Pats have allowed barely over 90 rushing yds/game to this point. The Skins have a good D themselves, but Tom Brady has just too many options -- and he's getting Laurence Maroney back for more support. The game is also at home for the Pats, and everything points toward what we've come to expect this year, a big win by New England. Note: I hate New England, but there is no stopping them... at least until next week, when they have to play the Colts at Indy.

[/ QUOTE ]

YIKES at giants being #3 in the NFL. You've got to be a homer saying that. Last four games have been horrible SF at home, horrible ATL on the road, bad Phi, pretty bad NYJ. Looking at the rest of the schedule it's way too possible for NYG to finish 8-8 or worse lol. I don't believe they'd have a shot to make the playoffs in the AFC.

Anyway, Wash has a pass defense... (but horrible pass O--they'll probably grind this game out and consume time--I really like the line this week and probably will lay off despite wanting to go on the bandwagon)
Old 10-27-2007, 10:48 AM

good luck on the 3 road fav, public teams.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Patriots are playing at home.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Patriots are playing at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Giants in London.

I kinda like the Colts in that game myself & I never like road favorites. The Panthers under Fox have always been the anti-Chiefs - dangerous road team but they suck balls at home.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New York Giants -9.5 @ Miami Dolphins (in London) <font color="red">LOSS</font>

Indianapolis Colts -6.5 @ Carolina Panthers <font color="green">WIN</font>

New England Patriots -16.5 vs Washington Redskins <font color="green">WIN</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

1 minute 54 seconds away from going 3-0 as Cleo Lemon hit Ted Ginn Jr on a garbage time TD in a game the Giants should have won by a much larger margin. Eli Manning was pathetic (overthrew at least 2 easy TDs early on), Tynes missed a chip shot field goal, and the Giants basically stopped playing in the 4th quarter, as it looked like they were just trying to get out of London ASAP. I definitely take back my comment about them being top 4 in the NFL. I am a little bit of a homer, I guess.

I'll take 2-1.