Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 04:54 PM

Default Re: AJ hand played passively

I don't think it's a pure bluff. If it's a semi-bluff he picked up a diamond draw on the turn. The reason I don't think it's a pure bluff on the turn is the texture of the board. There are a lot of hands that you'd reasonably raise with pre-flop where you'd have at least a piece of the board. He bet the river so you're clearly in trouble i.e. you're a significant dog IMO. You could probably get away with a raise on the turn and not have to worry about a 3 bet.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:24 PM

I don't think the c-bet is necessarily wrong, I'd just be happier to check here. Now knowing that the table is passive meaning we have a pretty good chance at getting a free card, that makes me like the bet a little more. But still, with three opponents, I can see a reasonable chance that someone has made something and would just call down if not check-raise us. I don't think we'll fold the field and in the times we are called, I don't like where we stand since there is only one reasonable draw there (JT). Two opponents, I bet this every time though.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:43 PM

i like it except if there were more people behind you definately raise to protect your hand, otherwise perfectly played
Old 08-04-2006, 06:29 PM

I definitely would not be folding this hand here, but I would consider a raise on the turn. It is kind of tough to put UTG+1 on a hand, but he very well could have 2 pair or a set. I think the hand was well played the more I look at it. You can't fold, but I don't think you are strong enough here to raise.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. If I remember it correct villain showed down J9o [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]