Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Recruiting Writers for the Internet Magazine

Does anyone actually take MrNow seriously? Last I saw of him was the infamous cat's ass post, and then him getting El Diablowned in the money making forum.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The magazine will be better, and taken more seriously if you don't have people like BVT and Lorinda involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

The heights of your ignorance continue to amaze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

It's really cute how emo you get when I insult your friends.

I think regardless of my issues with them on the forums, the nature of the articles that both submit don't suit the magazine.

The fact that they also both have zero crediblity (save with the Zoo) on the forums is a minor secondary issue.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty,

*TT* would probably be good to write a triple draw article. He is a great poster IMO.

Also, a suggestion: why not post an open invitation to submit in the other poker forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a couple of other poker regulars i'd much read an article from than tt.

Dynasty,

I'd consider making a post in other poking about the magazine if we really want to bring some good badugi/2-7 articles into the magazine.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone actually take MrNow seriously? Last I saw of him was the infamous cat's ass post, and then him getting El Diablowned in the money making forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wookie, his posts are generally of high quality, and he is a poster deserving of respect!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 AM

I recently visited his blog, and he is indeed a good and entertaining writer. A monthly article from Tommy would be good too.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:52 AM

Dynasty...

BTW, have you considered asking [censored] to write a gossip column? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2006, 10:19 AM

I'm not sure that someone who uses the words 'cute' and 'emo' in a twelve word sentence is in a position to suggest that they have any knowledge of what constitutes good or relevant writing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 AM

Mike,

Please keep confusing style with skill. It doesn't make you look like an idiot in the least. I'm confused as to what possible exception you could take with the word "cute", but maybe that's just a generational thing.

What makes you look like an idiot is knee jerking to the defense of posters that nobody outside your little cavern of insanity takes seriously.

BVT's articles have contained items that were 100% mistakes, and it makes 2p2 look bad to publish something that contains such flawed thinking.

Lorinda is viewed as a troll by the vast majority of the forum. Even if you think that Lori's reputation is unfounded, it's hard to deny that it exists. When you're asking somebody with that reputation with your core readership to write for your magazine, you're going to have a crediblity issue.

Given that the vast majority of the authors are unknown, one of the questions I ask myself when reading the magazine is "Who is this person to be telling me these things". Part of what grants the author some authority should be simply the fact that they're being published in this magazine. Instead, given that in my mind there's no quality control in terms of who is writing for them, it's hard to take any of this people seriously (fwiw, I would level the same criticism as Jack Adamo as well).
Old 08-02-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Lorinda is viewed as a troll by the vast majority of the forum. Even if you think that Lori's reputation is unfounded, it's hard to deny that it exists. When you're asking somebody with that reputation with your core readership to write for your magazine, you're going to have a crediblity issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "the forum" you mean "other other topics", then I might agree with this sentence. Why don't you go make a post in the STT forum about what they think of Lorinda?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 PM

durron,

True, I forgot that STT likes him as well. You've also said that STT is one of the forums that's basically a community that doesn't really take part in the rest of 2p2. So I'm not sure they're that terribly representative.

I think it's much more than OOT that takes issue with him.