Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: $11s TT from the BB - check or raise?

[ QUOTE ]
Luis,

Call a push from the shortie and fold to a reraise from anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think if you're going to raise then you need to call a push from anyone. At this level I've seen 66-99 get limp raised way too often to fold.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:04 PM

I strongly believe button is not going to 4bet u here for many reasons but to make it simpler:
if he had a hand in position with a shortie limping why not raising? Was he expecting a squeeze from the blinds? it sounds so donkysh...
Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 PM

I raise here to 250. Definitely call an allin from shortstack, I've seen players make a Limp reraise with weak aces at this level. You'll likely take it down here, or go heads up to a flop with an opponent with a 1 out of 3 chance of hitting (Possibly not even beating you) on the flop. I think it's close in an SNG, but not too close. If there was 1 limper, definite raise, 3 limpers, definite check IMO.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 PM

If i reraise here, i don't plan on folding if anyone shoves/repops me preflop, SB should never ever have a better hand, and button will have JJ vvvv occasionally, but so often will have like 66-99 or random overcards or AT.

With the shorty i probably would reraise here to 250, but if the two limpers had full stacks, i would probably check at an $11 since i don't think they are limp folding that often
Old 08-01-2007, 12:36 PM

i just push pf except i have good reason to believe that utg+1 would only limp here with a monster
Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 PM

PREFLOP: I think raising to 250 and checking are both fine. Not sure there's a right/wrong answer here. I tend to just check in these situations and play for set value. If you do raise then you're calling if someone pushes.

FLOP: OK, you decided to check and play for the set. That means you have a 4-way limped pot. I absolutely HATE this flop in a 4-way limped pot. Draws and potential sets galore. Since you decided not to raise PF, and you missed your set, you have to tread very carefully with your overpair. Especially with this flop. IMO you need to dump your 10's to his 3-bet. It's actually a pretty easy fold. If you're ahead, you're probably not ahead by much (a flush or straight draw + 1 overcard will be nearly even-money). If you're behind, which is very possible on this board, you have few outs. If you fold, your stack is still decent sized. So fold.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just push pf except i have good reason to believe that utg+1 would only limp here with a monster

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing preflop doesnt make any sense.