Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2007, 07:03 PM

Default QQ Overpair But Villian\'s Stop and Go Makes Hero Fold

Villian is a regular and seems to be a good TAG. I have about 2k hands on him and he's running well. Some stats: 22/16/2.4.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($31.79)
SB ($30.84)
BB ($37.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $.85</font>, SB calls .75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, SB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($4.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4.

River: ($10.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, Hero folds.

My thoughts on the hand:
I was really confused by the turn donk on such a blank card. Initially I thought this was his way of trying to get AK/AQ to fold, but I have seen him play sets in this fashion. I decided to play the hand cautiously and just call. When he bets big on the river, I figured that I gave away my hand by calling the near PSB on the turn and that he's betting this river for value hoping I can't get away. Was this too weak? Thoughts?