Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this game on national TV tonight? I'd like to see Kolb in the 2nd half.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish he got his first snap in Philly, so I could listen to the smattering of boos. I really hope McNabb starts for us for another 6+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the point of this post. First of all, it isn't Kolb's fault he got drafted "high". Second of all, you people booed McNabb on draft day and he's fukin awesome. Third of all, whether or not McNabb is one of the best QB's in the league, you should still hope to develop a top-notch backup (or maybe you don't remember as far back as 2006?). Fourth of all, if McNabb stays healthy and plays at this level for the next 6 years, sure, he should start. But if Kolb (or anyone else) does better at some point, you should want the best option in there.

But good post. Just loaded with pertinent information.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I never booed the McNabb selection. Second of all, I don't hate Kolb, I'm just sick of all the McNabb haters. He's been one of the best quarterbacks of the past decade, and it's tiring for people not to appreciate that and just bash the guy. Obviously I want Kolb to develop into a good back-up (and eventually a good starter).

The local media especially has a tendency to trash McNabb and claim that the majority of fans don't support him. That isn't at all true. I'd say maybe 15-20% are anti-McNabb. To see Kolb booed would just be a personal victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the hell did I trash McNabb? He's probably my favorite QB in the NFL and I'm a Texans fan. All I said was I wanted to see Kolb play tonight (he's from my alma mater), and McNabb isn't even touching the ball tonight so how the hell do you misconstrue that as meaning I hate McNabb???

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I'm terrible at expressing myself. I didn't mean you were in the least bit. That's not what I was saying. Just that there's so much of it in Philly that I'm tired of it. I just wanted to see Kolb get booed so maybe the media realizes that the large majority of the city loves McNabb.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 PM

I think Kolb booing would be construed as booing the Eagles management, not cheering McNabb.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 PM

TE Celeck out of U Cincy has been really good tonight

good replacement for LJ Smith if/when he goes down again with his injury problems
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM

Haven't really heard much, but what do you guys expect out of Kearse? Is he coming in healthy? If not, I think your line could struggle like last year dealing with fatigue most of the year. They had a really nice rotation going at the beginning of last year before he went down
Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 PM

Kearse is healthy but underweight. He dropped ~20 pounds during rehab. Whether he will be back up to playing weight by September remains to be seen.

At this point, Kearse is just a cog. The Eagles have fantastic depth on the defensive line, so no one (including Kearse) has to be an everydown player.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 AM

Sounds like Kolb played pretty well for his first outing with the third-team O. A couple small foul-ups, but no INT's and he got a scramble or two in there for positive yardage. Sounds like he made some nice, tight, crisp throws too.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
McNabb is the third best quarterback in the NFL and best in the NFC.

[/ QUOTE ]
mcnabb is so overrated, he doesnt run as much anymore and aside from the year he had TO, hes never completed 60% of his passes. last year was a pretty sick run before he went down, but when ur qb has 18 tds to only 6 pics in 10 games and youre team is only 5-5, clearly something is wrong...

however a good healthy year from mcnabb can prove me wrong
and btw id take bulger over mcnabb
Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I never booed the McNabb selection. Second of all, I don't hate Kolb, I'm just sick of all the McNabb haters. He's been one of the best quarterbacks of the past decade, and it's tiring for people not to appreciate that and just bash the guy. Obviously I want Kolb to develop into a good back-up (and eventually a good starter).

The local media especially has a tendency to trash McNabb and claim that the majority of fans don't support him. That isn't at all true. I'd say maybe 15-20% are anti-McNabb. To see Kolb booed would just be a personal victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Continuing to pray McNabb gets fed up and demands trade to his hometown team. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
McNabb is the third best quarterback in the NFL and best in the NFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Marc Bulger and Drew Brees say hello.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but when ur qb has 18 tds to only 6 pics in 10 games and youre team is only 5-5, clearly something is wrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

would that something happen to be his teammates and variance? no?