Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:56 AM

Default 55 flops OESD, turn is teh suck

Villian is 30/17, calls to much pre, takes marginal hands to far post.

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $34.65
BB: $48.50
UTG: $9.70
MP: $27.25
CO: $57.35
Hero (BTN): $48.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.75, CO folds

Flop: ($5.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25.00</font>, BB calls $17.00

Turn: ($55.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero???

check behind or shove? That card is scary as [censored] for me but it could be for Villian as well(he could have 88, K6, etc) here. And its gonna be tough to fold if I check behind and villian open shoves the river with this much money in the pot.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: 55 flops OESD, turn is teh suck

lookin for thoughts on the flop 3 bet after c/minraise too.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: 55 flops OESD, turn is teh suck

FLOP: I don't like the 3bet. In my experience, flop check/raises mean a lot of strength, (EDIT: particularly if they're minraises) especially from loose players. I'd just call here, and reevaluate on the turn.

And if you're going to raise, I'd go ahead and push. With the raise as played, you leave only $21.75 behind in your stack. If villain pushes, you'll be getting (55.25+21.75):21.75 = 3.54:1 to call, which you pretty much can't fold. So if you bet, you're better off pushing, and maximizing your fold equity.

TURN: Tough call, but I lean towards shoving. Most villains don't go for the "double check/raise," so I tend to think that the Ace of Spades (prettiest card in the deck!) scared VILLAIN as much as it scared you. I think you probably have at least some FE here. And if you check, I'd say it's quite likely that you'll be looking at a shove on the river, which you'll almost have to call. So go ahead and push.