Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Retarded Theory Debate: Donks constantly limping B NLC

The subject basically says it all. There are certain villans that constantly limp the button. These guys are usually like 54/4. As a 6 max convert, the mantra has always been to raise open blind limpers, but that adage can't really apply since we have position in 6 max. I have just started HU and I have been letting these guys limp all day and raise with hands such as broadway and any pair higher than 6-6. Is this optimal vs described villan? Sorry if this is f'ing basic.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Retarded Theory Debate: Donks constantly limping B NLC

There isn't really much you need to do to take advantage of this. The fact that they aren't stealing your blinds and they aren't building pots in position is a huge advantage to you.

If he is calling your raises only raise OOP with hands that play well postflop. If he isn't calling your raises than raise with whatever you please. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Retarded Theory Debate: Donks constantly limping B NLC

[ QUOTE ]
There isn't really much you need to do to take advantage of this. The fact that they aren't stealing your blinds and they aren't building pots in position is a huge advantage to you.

If he is calling your raises only raise OOP with hands that play well postflop. If he isn't calling your raises than raise with whatever you please. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

You dont need to win at HU OOP. Just minimize losses. If he wants to let you see flops with garbage, there is no need to punish him, per se. If he limp folds, then raise trash occassionally. I like facing these players.