Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
<<----on stars. Been playing lots at 3/6 lately on Stars, Chezlaw seems to be on the tables that Im at alot to. Anyway goin through a downswing(or maybe I cant beat it). Anyway got opinions or comments on ma game?

[/ QUOTE ]
stop 3 betting me all the time [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

chez
Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 AM

I played with you a bit tonight. You won more off the 2 monkeys at our table than I did. I don't have any notes of consequence on you, although i did see you move to calldown mode really quickly a couple times.

At least you aren't sethypoo who hit and ran a table i was at. blah blah something about a grease fire.....
Old 04-10-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played with you a bit tonight. You won more off the 2 monkeys at our table than I did. I don't have any notes of consequence on you, although i did see you move to calldown mode really quickly a couple times.

At least you aren't sethypoo who hit and ran a table i was at. blah blah something about a grease fire.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it that was the table with EZ"somrthing"AK?
I ran bad against him towards the end
Old 04-10-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can we start a competition as to who has the largest appendage/winrate?
i dont play there but some of you do with very small winrates?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would also like to see some (pokerpattern) charts.

I looked up most of the names posted here in my large datam*** database and almost everyone has incredible swings and about anyone beats the game (2-4 to 5-10) for 2BB/100.

for example a player named a few pages before for beeing pretty good and some 2+2 said they try to avoid him (I think he hasnt revield himself or hes not on 2+2) dropped 500BB over 2 months on 5-10 but beats 3-6 pretty good.

other example:
noone who playes at least 10k hands beats 5-10 for 1BB/100

so I am not sure if you can beat low limit short handed at stars in the long run...

... please prove me wrong.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM

So the only reason people play 5/10 is to hopefully do a little better than break even and collect VPP? You can collect them just about as good at 3/6 from what I've seen and the table selection seems better (and 2BB/100 at 3/6 is better than 0.5/100 at 5/10 obviously.) Miles beat the game for over 2BB/100 though over I think ~30K hands a couple months ago if I remember his NC thread correctly.

I played with Kid Canepa, who was mentioned earlier, at 3/6 the one time I took a shot there and he cold called my UTG raise when I was unknown to him. He then raised a K high flop, which I 3-bet and he eventually folded on the turn when I led out. I can't think of a hand that he should play this way, but I'm guessing it's KQo.

5/10 might be that pivot level where the rake is still too high and the game selection isn't good enough. Below that the rake is significant, but the game selection is good. Above that the game selection isn't good, but the rake is small.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:46 AM

I was remembering it starting with a B, but I could be wrong (at work, can't check). There were 2 really poor players at the table (70/1 and 56/14) and they were both directly to your left. In other words, table/seat selection may be an issue.

I checked my DB last night and I actually have more hands on FT against you. We haven't tangled HU a whole lot, although I sucked out on you for a medium sized pot on FT when I paired my weaker kicker on the river.... You read my isolation raise of a fish perfectly and punished me for it preflop... postflop, you gave me a free card on the turn and I caught my card on the river. Results based obviously, but that may fit in with my earlier read of going to showdown too quickly. Do you use that line a lot against LAGs/TAGs/Donkeys alike?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:40 PM

Is there a reason why at 5/10 Dbeckham and Marchinvest never sit at the same tables?? I notice they are both from Minneapolis. Is it possible they both know each other and want to avoid each other. They both play very well.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason why at 5/10 Dbeckham and Marchinvest never sit at the same tables?? I notice they are both from Minneapolis. Is it possible they both know each other and want to avoid each other. They both play very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT is something interesting that I've never noticed...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Heh, I accidentally opened a 3/6 table (was MTing 2/4. Like Kid Rock, I'm goin' Platinum), was going to leave, and woke up with QQ, sorry dude.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM

wooo,
dbeckham played like 410 table hours since end of march and marchinvest played like 300 and yet they never met

however their styles arent the same. both are 28/20ish but march is much more aggressiv ( lot more on the flop)

and one of both played like 150k hands 5/10 in 2007 and dropped over 10k USD