Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 03:53 AM

Default Re: FossilMan requests your feedback

[ QUOTE ]
Greg: Can you please post the raw hand histories to be downloaded, this way we can check it out by importing it into Poker Tracker to use the hand replayer - thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, IMO you will get 10x more feedback, because looking through HH's is very tedious and a huge strain on brain/eyes. Being able to import into PT will encourage ppl to review.

Awesome win.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:08 AM

You sucked out on my friend as a 3:1 underdog to get the CL and bust the best player at that FT (rsa87). But I guess you gotta get lucky to win a tournament.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You sucked out on my friend as a 3:1 underdog to get the CL and bust the best player at that FT (rsa87). But I guess you gotta get lucky to win a tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man get lucky to win a tournament? Who woulda thought?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:46 AM

if you want real feedback i would advise taking out the important hands or at least bolding them in the hh.... thats a lot of hands to go through.

ty for the post btw, very valuable
Old 09-26-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As some of you may know, I managed to win the $320 PLO with rebuys in the WCOOP the other day. I've just put the report on my website, as well as the entire hand history file that I requested from PokerStars. Please click the link below, which will get you to the news section of my website, then click on "WCOOP, Part 2" to open a new window with the trip report. Within the trip report, in paragraph 4, you will see the words "separate document" in gold. This is a hot link that will open up another new window with the hand history file of all 843 hands I played in this tournament. This was a 3MB email when I got it from PokerStars, so it might take a few extra seconds to load.

www.fossilmanpoker.com/news.php

If you have no interest, no problem, of course. Move on to the next thread here on 2+2. If you are interested, I would enjoy receiving your feedback here in this thread. You will see several hands listed in my report where I point out that I made a mistake, but I'm sure there were others. And maybe my mistakes weren't as bad as I thought. Anyway, I thought it might be fun, and certainly educational, for me to hear your thoughts.

I am cross-posting this in 3 forums, NVG, MTT, and Omaha high. If the mods don't like this, feel free to consolidate into one thread in one forum. To be honest, I wasn't sure which forum would be best for this, so I'm letting them decide.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

GIVE THE OP THE SPAM BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/k thanks for sharin this Greg, and congrats on the win.

Delighted for your result but we all know you were playin on the Superuser account [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: To say upload the file to PXF to view it works a treat
Old 09-26-2007, 08:01 AM

ban op
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the more interesting (a rather mild word for how I was feeling) points in the tournament happened starting with hand #593. We were down to the final 12 players, and I had been stealing almost at will, having a substantial chip lead at my table, holding over 1.6M chips with nobody else over 1M. Then, I lost my internet connection. Nothing wrong on my part, and nothing I could do. I’m pretty sure it was a problem caused by Time Warner Cable, my local cable provider. It was almost 3:30 in the morning at this time, and I knew that PokerStars rules allowed you to get somebody else to log in and play for you in cases such as this. So, I was trying to figure out who I could call at this time of day, without waking them up, who could competently play my chips for me. It was too early in the morning to call anybody in Europe, and too late at night to call anybody in the U.S. I then realized that it must be about late afternoon in Australia, so I called Joe Hachem. As it would happen, Joe did answer his phone, but he wasn’t at home in Melbourne, but in Hong Kong on business, and not able to get to a computer or have the time to play for me. I asked him if he had any friends in that part of the world who might be able to play for me, such as his brother Tony, and he said he would make some phone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

classic....
Old 09-26-2007, 09:16 AM

Greg i think you may want to consider fixing your website.

3 or 4 nobodies on the internet don't like the way it looks.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:47 AM

Several people have mentioned redesigning my website, and I'm happy for the advice, but I'm afraid I need more particulars before I can do anything. I'm not a designer myself, and know nothing about it, really. If you can provide more specific feedback, it would be appreciated. Such stuff probably doesn't belong in a thread on 2+2, so maybe you could use the contact form on my website instead?

Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg: Can you please post the raw hand histories to be downloaded, this way we can check it out by importing it into Poker Tracker to use the hand replayer - thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I don't mind sharing the hands, I don't mind doing this, but my computer ignorance is showing. I thought the pop-up you get on my site WAS the raw hand histories? Please let me know what I would do instead of this to provide this.