Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]

1. Perhaps you can include a summary matrix that outlines what target SPRs should be for different hands in different positions?

For example, say I have AK with a 100 BB stack in MP. Assuming no limpers and no re=raisers, what should my preflop raise be for me to hit my target SPR.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is two separate questions. consider three target SPRs: do you want 2, 5 or 8? (or use 2, 4, 6 if that fits your game better.) then the tables on pp. 215-217 gives the relevant raise sizes.

obv you usually cannot hit those targets and still be against an opponent range that's profitable for you.

[ QUOTE ]
2. I know this was already mentioned, but I would like to also see more Pokerstove Equity percentages in your examples of hands when narrowing opponents down to their range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

noted!

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question. Let's say I'm in a pretty loose 10 handed live game and pick up 56 suited UTG. My stack size is about 200 BB. Say one of the loose players raises preflop provided and they have a deep stack as well (150+ BB). Assuming no other players re-raise preflop, would you advocate a limp-reraise here with this hand against this opponent? What if the opponent was a tighter player?

[/ QUOTE ]

how loose are we talking? if loose means he'll call preflop and call or raise the flop it's going to be hard for you to steal, plus you may run into a big hand. so no usually i wouldn't, unless you have a different idea of loose than this.

against a tight opponent, you have a better chance of stealing, provided his preflop raising range is wide enough. so a limp-reraise has a good chance of taking it down, and a c-bet also has a good chance of taking it down. collectively you must analyze his range to see if you'll take it enough times to make for those times you run into AA/KK/maybe QQ plus those times he hits the flop hard enough to dance. paging VanVeen.... if his raising range is fairly wide, say AA-22, AK-AT, KQ-KJ and suited connectors, it's a slam-dunk as long as you don't do it so often that he catches on and then profits from firing back randomly.