Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Cincy, Indy & Now Denver Joins In The Lameness

Iggy, please answer the following:

1. When the ballot initiative to build the Broncos a new stadium was passed in '98, how did you vote on it?

2. How much did the sales tax increase for Denver to build said stadium cost you?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. When the ballot initiative to build the Broncos a new stadium was passed in '98, how did you vote on it?

2. How much did the sales tax increase for Denver to build said stadium cost you?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does any of this have to do with taking public tickets and making them private with restrictions?

If you can't see what the point of this thread is, which many others have clearly stated they can easily see, then don't bother wasting your time.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's absurd and not relevant at all to the discussion.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you can't see what the point of this thread is, which many others have clearly stated they can easily see, then don't bother wasting your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the point of this thread was for you to complain about ticket sales? I'm sorry if I missed something. Were we supposed to be talking about dijon mustard and its influence as a condiment?

From an earlier post of yours:

[ QUOTE ]
This really isn't a big deal to me. My selling point was ticket offices not accepting calls from a certain area. That makes public tickets no longer public.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It makes ticket sales available to the public living in Colorado first. Fans from the rest of the league get the table scraps. If they're sold out by then, tough titties. But making tickets available to at least 5 million people is certainly making them public.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's absurd and not relevant at all to the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's very relevant to the discussion. I submit that since Denver has been paying for the stadium for the last 7 years in the form of higher taxes, Denver should get first pick on tickets over fans from another city that have not paid any money at all towards the stadium. That has absolute relevance with regard to ticket availability.

You think we paid money to build a new stadium 'cause it looks good from the outside?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:45 PM

I personally think your entire premise is bs. You did not know when the tickets were on sale even.

My friend was at the stadium very early to get tickets. On sale at the stadium. They did a lottery and a handful got tickets and they sold out.

In no way is it inappropriate to sell to people at the stadium, and put a number on Ticketmaster. And to the person that said they would sell on Ticketmaster only to people within X miles that is garbage.. you find the tickets before you ever put in a credit card.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:43 PM

chim:

Ticketmaster's website said they would check your billing zipcode to make sure you were in the Rocky Mountain region before they mailed you your tickets. So you could complete the transaction at the time the tickets went on sale but (per ticket master's site) your transaction would later be declined when they discovered the billing zip on your card was from outside the region.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. It's very relevant to the discussion. I submit that since Denver has been paying for the stadium for the last 7 years in the form of higher taxes, Denver should get first pick on tickets over fans from another city that have not paid any money at all towards the stadium. That has absolute relevance with regard to ticket availability.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the whole point of Iggy's argument was that specific pittsburgh and PA area codes were being blocked, rather than people in CO and denver getting first crack. they are totally different things.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:55 PM

I think you are right - really just wrong of these teams.

The NFL is preventing Steeler fans from attending NFL games. A terrible policy.

And I'm not biased - except for the being from Pittsburgh part. But seriously, this is blatantly wrong.

Hopefully, steeler fans were able to use friends and relatives out of state to order the tickets for them. I would have volunteered calling in for tickets using my non-pitt cell number.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:19 AM

I have no problem with the Broncos giving preferential treatment to people in colorado, but I do have a problem with specifically blocking the opposing city. that is lame.