Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 05:43 AM

Default Re: The Launch of - \"My Gift to the Forum\" in this Thread

Obv I would play, sounds like a blast.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The idea of being able to buy shares for your favorite horse is awesome. Love it.

What I found most interesting about "the Gift" was that it was commentary from the best about a game played by low-level-beginners-donks-somewhat-OK-unkown type players. A game which I am included in and play in. A game with nothing but the best players would be just as fascinating, but I don't know I'll be able to appreciate the education value of it.

I don't think this is practical, but having some "regular Joe's" mixed in the table would be very interesting to me. Having Indy's thoughts initially added a neat perspective to the review when followed up by the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that was my idea and the reason that I still wanna do another one at the $33s now that I am moved up to that limit. I think that the idea that curtains has is awesome as well, but less educational for most of the players in this forum at the current limits that we play. The higher limit players like curtains and Irie make moves and reads that us middle-lower limit players will find interesting, but will not be able to incorporate into our regular games. I see no reason why we cannot do both.

Indy
Old 04-21-2006, 10:35 AM

Indy and reviewers:

Also from my side many warm thanks to all of you for organising this. I loved the commentated HH.

Special thanks to Indy, of course, for having a) a great idea and b) the resilience to implement it in c) such a short time.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:42 AM

The first time ive actually managed to watch this the whole way through....

First of all not only was this a fantastic idea, but has been superbly implemented by Indiana et all...thanks for all your time and effort.

I dont see any need to change the format of any future "projects"...as this one was very easy to follow and extremely clever (having to press "continue" after some advice is a very neat feature and made sure I read everything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

The wide range of views from the players made it not only educational but entertaining (the more explanation the better imo).

Thanks again
Old 04-22-2006, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
curtains says: Calling preflop was fine. I don’t blame anyone who wants to fold, but I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone explain why everyone thought completing SB w/ 96s against 2 limpers was the way to play?
Old 04-22-2006, 02:51 PM

Please?
Old 04-22-2006, 05:05 PM

It's just half a bet, your hand has plenty of potential. As long as you play reasonably postflop it should be +EV.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:22 PM

Very impressive job all round. Well done for pulling this off.

The idea of the all-star sng sounds great as well. How about, instead of just paying for the HH you have a multi with all the buy ins added to the prize pool of the sng, and the winner of the multi taking the final seat at the table. Might be a fun way to make it more worthwhile for the reviewers. I would pay for the HH anyway- hope it comes off
Old 04-22-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
curtains says: Calling preflop was fine. I don’t blame anyone who wants to fold, but I would call.

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone explain why everyone thought completing SB w/ 96s against 2 limpers was the way to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

youre getting something like 7:1 with 96 suited...this hand has plenty of straight and flush possibility and is well worth a call in this spot. you just have to be aware that you will be dumping this hand in the SB on most flops (aka check/folding)...when you do hit a big flop though you will make a lot of money, and as curtains said, is a +EV play.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Link to the GOLDMINE! - After a short wait, here it is

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, props to coxquinn for helping me get this done right. Thanks again to all reviewers and everyone in this forum for what this will become. Here's the link. Just click it and then we can discuss the analysis:

http://www.madhotprizes.com/replayer...ml?indynew.txt

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Sorry, Domain changed slightly!