Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-29-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: I [censored] up

[ QUOTE ]
Since everyone in this thread loves cat if anyone has advice for driving cross country with a cat PM me as I am leaving tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too late, but see if your vet will give you a sedative.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since everyone in this thread loves cat if anyone has advice for driving cross country with a cat PM me as I am leaving tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too late, but see if your vet will give you a sedative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vet recommends benedryl.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:58 PM

This thread makes me cry. Seriously. I've lost 2 cats in the last 1.5 years. One I had to put down because of an eating disorder. The other just mysteriously died at 6 months of age. I came home, petted him and then came back to that room 30 minutes later (where he hung out on his scratch post/cat perch) and he was sprawled out dead on the floor.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 PM

i've lost two cats in the last 5 years, very differently.

I had Butch for about 14 years when my family moved about a mile in town. he was always an outdoor cat. A couple weeks after we moved, butch disappeared. we looked forever, but never found him. We got a little kitty that i called beast that got run over within about 2-3 months.

1 year later, one of our old neighbors calls us and tells us "i think butch is in your old yard". Butch had wandered all the way back and had been living off of catching mice and such in the old neighborhood. We took him to the vet, got him cleaned after a year of living in the open, were very careful to let him go outside in small cautious steps, and he got used to the new house this time.

When he was about 18, the family moved again (i was in college at this point), to a different city. Butch was really arthritic and old by this point, and after a couple months at the new house he wandered off, probably to die. He's been gone for about 2 years now, so we probably won't be seeing him again liek the other time.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 AM

This kind of thread always make me sad that my cat is gonna go soon !

My cat is approx 12, probably a little older...we got her when she was 4 from a secretary at my dad's hotel who went to live abroad. She has slowed down considerably over the past year and doesn't bounce around as much as she used to. Its definitely an old age thing..Its actually quite sad really, as shes very lethargic now and I wonder how long she has left. For a cat that will "talk" to me for as long as I want, I'll miss that..

Jeeez, this has depressed me at work !