Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: tanenbaums book - PF questions I want 2+2 input on

Hi. Sorry I'm late to the party. I think you are talking about Limit Hold'em: Winning Short-Handed Strategies by Borer and Mak. This is not my book, though I did have a significant hand in editing and fixing it. I did not write the book or the examples.

At no time in my book (Advanced Limit Hold'em Strategies) did I either give this example, talk about six-handed poker, or discuss $1-$2 hold'em.

ALHS is completely about full game strategy at middle and lower high limits. No low limit examples, no short-handed plays.

I noticed a comment about the Wynn. I played there twice in the last several months, never for more than an hour. In both cases I was passing by or waiting for someone. First,everyone knows I play tightly in the first hour of any game. Second, the way that game was playing, tight was the only way to make money, IMO. I adapt to my surroundings, which does on occasion make me look like a nit. It's OK by me if you think I am one.

Thanks for listening. I just wanted to get the books straight since I noticed some comments about ALHS wound into this thread.

-barryt