Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Top pair no kicker in a limped pot...

Not much for reads. Villain is 40/9/0.67 over 30 hands with a 20% attempt to steal blinds. River is either a bet/fold or check/fold in my opinion. Comments on all streets welcome. Sorry for the boring limped hands but I'm bleeding money here and its really hurting my winrate.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $49.50
Hero (BB): $59.03
UTG: $35.32
CO: $90.48
BTN: $65.31

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, CO calls $3.00

River: ($10.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Top pair no kicker in a limped pot...

I usually like your line with checking with the intention to call one bet. But this is an overbet, if nothing else an indication that villain is serious about this pot. I see much less overbet bluffs, then give up unimproved, than if he bet half pot for instance. So you probably have to put in a lot of money to protect your hand, or calling possible bluffs to get to showdown, on the off chance that you have the best hand. I honestly feel that cf is the way to here. Unless you have some kind of better read.

I usually c/c basically all bets out of habit with top pair in this spot. But I donīt think your hand is good enough here. Sometimes I lead here, because of the fd. But I wouldnīt want to put in a lot of money here. Basically we a looking for check, small bet, call. Check check turn, check check river.