Attention grabbing clothing 6 4.03%
Attention grabbing jewerly 9 6.04%
Your person is themed (Emo,Gangsta,Punk,Goth) 5 3.36%
None of the above 87 58.39%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

So I just went out with a mate of mine who's from Germany. He had never been out in my city before. So we go into town, my fav bar is filled with like 75% dudes. We spend like 2 hours trying to find a bar that isn't empty, filled with dudes or spins really bad music. Didn't work out at all so we just went back to the first place. Somehow everyone decided that today was a bad day to go out, the Germans were asking why there were so many cops on the street (like 10 per 50 meter or sth). Usually they're really busy controlling fights, but today I don't think there was even one fight, because there was just so few people.

It was so crappy. Silly night; first my date cancels, I lose at poker and then all hot girls in town decide to stay home. [censored] me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I just went out with a mate of mine who's from Germany. He had never been out in my city before. So we go into town, my fav bar is filled with like 75% dudes. We spend like 2 hours trying to find a bar that isn't empty, filled with dudes or spins really bad music. Didn't work out at all so we just went back to the first place. Somehow everyone decided that today was a bad day to go out, the Germans were asking why there were so many cops on the street (like 10 per 50 meter or sth). Usually they're really busy controlling fights, but today I don't think there was even one fight, because there was just so few people.

It was so crappy. Silly night; first my date cancels, I lose at poker and then all hot girls in town decide to stay home. [censored] me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

there's always the option of drinking a [censored] ton when you go to a bar.... makes everything fun imo
Old 11-15-2007, 09:30 PM

To get back to indie-rock stroking off, I'm going to see Art Brut and the Hold Steady tonight. I've had my tickets since they went on sale. I'm very excited; this could be better than last night.

Last night, I saw Jens Lekman, then ran four blocks to see Glass Candy open for Architecture in Helsinki. All three were amazing (although Jens' crowd was kind of boring), and I RAN INTO JENS at the Architecture show and talked to him a bit.

Also, something about a girl. We'll see.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's always the option of drinking a [censored] ton when you go to a bar.... makes everything fun imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. But the other guys had to drive back to Germany, they have to catch a semi-early flight to Paris. And getting wasted alone... Me no likey.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. But the other guys had to drive back to Germany, they have to catch a semi-early flight to Paris. And getting wasted alone... Me no likey.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmm sound like your friends are wimps imo

(or maybe it's not a good night to go out)
Old 11-15-2007, 09:59 PM

Nath, just curious here. What's your attitude towards other musical genres? Do you feel that you have a developed universal taste, able to critique all kinds of music? Did you read my previous music post in this thread, btw? Also, please tell about your musical background, as it sounded like you have worked with music in some way. Do you have any relation to classical or jazz music?

EDIT:
Snipe definately knows what he's talking about imo. I always lose myself and forget about those things, but in the early phases of dating/relationships they're so important. Now that I'm single again I'm really going to try to have the right mindset with girls. I'm actually going to copy/paste your post, so I can read it if I'm starting to get lost again. Ty [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM

Anyone else watching the office right now? Its [censored] great thus far
Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nath, just curious here. What's your attitude towards other musical genres? Do you feel that you have a developed universal taste, able to critique all kinds of music? Did you read my previous music post in this thread, btw? Also, please tell about your musical background, as it sounded like you have worked with music in some way. Do you have any relation to classical or jazz music?

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel like I have a pretty wide range of tastes, though my heart has always been in the pop singer-songwriter. But that can expand to so many places. I did read your post, but honestly I don't feel like I have enough knowledge of classical or jazz to comment on them with any authority (but I do listen to some jazz on occasion).

Mostly, though, my heart has been in modern music: the rock and roll era and beyond.

I played piano for about six years as a child and I've been playing guitar for about six years. I performed a few times in college (both solo and with a band) but nothing serious. I DJed some college radio at a station that's pretty big for a college station, as I understand it.

I don't really have any experience in the industry, and I've never recorded anything (though I've often thought about it-- I'd like to start writing again). I'm just a person who needs music.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 PM

Also, it's 8:45 and I'm still hung over. How is that even possible.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:51 PM

haha i rarely get hangovers, but when i do, they last alllll day. so weird.

my school is renting buses for the senior class and shipping us up to san francisco to go bar hopping tonight. should be fun.
Closed Thread