Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you like that nearly everyone had some night chat?
(Good Roles) Yes 9 50.00%
(Good Roles) No 4 22.22%
(Evil Roles) Yes 2 11.11%
(Evil Roles) No 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Photo radar & speed cameras: Are they in your town? (pic)

A few years back the City of Scottsdale installed cameras at certain intersections to take pictures of red light runners so they could ticket them. Some time later a few towns in the Phoenix area started using photo radar vans that they would park here and there to catch speeders. When someone is speeding past one it'll take a picture of the driver and the license plate and you get a ticket in the mail. My mom (75 at the time got one and she had to go to the 6 hours traffic class to have the ticket expunged. She's still pissed) In the last few weeks Scottsdale has installed 2 permanent radar detection cameras on the main road that I use and it is the last straw for me. If I could get away with it I'd go 'V for Vendetta' on their ass and cut them down with a chain saw.

I can't stop on the road to take pictures of them but I found this picture which is the best I could do:

The one on the road I drive has 2 goggle eyed lights w/ the radar and cameras to take your picture and there is a pole up the road before it to take a pic of your license plate. These things make my blood boil. So, ok you say, I know where they are at least but the sneaks have been sticking a mobile photo radar van in between them for when you speed back up so they can get you that way too. These things were very controversial when they were first installed but the people (sheep that they are) have given up protesting.

Q: You got these things where you live?

Poll: