Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 AM

Default A Useful Barry Greenstein Post

In this thread, Barry Greenstein comments on Joe Sebok:

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, I now regret that he started playing limit hold'em instead of no-limit. I never knew he would turn into a decent tournament player. Many times I feel he makes mistakes that limit players make:

1) calling normal sized bets with a draw on the turn.
2) calling on the river with an obvious calling hand in limit (top pair or better) but not realizing it's not worth the call against a solid no-limit player.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are pretty fair description of some flaws I have in my game, especially when I am not playing my best. I commit the first much less often than I do the second, but I still do it sometimes, especially when not on my A game.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: A Useful Barry Greenstein Post

In regards to 1, what part about this play is so bad? When Barry says "normal" does that mean normal nl sized bets (1/2 to pot sized)? I'm guessing it has something to do with underestimating our implied odds?

For instance, say you call with a flush draw on the turn after villain has put in quite a bit of action thus far, he may get very worried when the flush comes in.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: A Useful Barry Greenstein Post

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to 1, what part about this play is so bad? When Barry says "normal" does that mean normal nl sized bets (1/2 to pot sized)? I'm guessing it has something to do with underestimating our implied odds?

For instance, say you call with a flush draw on the turn after villain has put in quite a bit of action thus far, he may get very worried when the flush comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly it