Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: An Expert Laydown I Should Have Made?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are continually looking for spots to make miraculous laydowns, you will find them, and then hate yourself when you keep totally misreading your opponents hand strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really looking for reasons to call. I just hate it when I go through everything in my head and I have a ton of reasons that say don't call and the only reason I have for calling is "the pot is big".

I'm tired of never making that big laydown when I truly believe that there are instances when I can use my logical hand reading skills to put a player on a very tiny range, sometimes even one specific hand, like that Sklansky essay where he describes a hand where he logically puts his opponent on exactly JT (I think it is in Sklansky on Poker). I hate that I am so certain I am beat, but I call because I am "supposed" to call.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:20 PM

he could have A3 or 43 id make the crying call (esp with clubs, I take it ur suit wasnt clubs or ud have mentioned it?), also I think ur read on the turn is overvalued, I think he calls down with any overpair or TPGK even if he doesnt think he has outs, he could have like AA KK here (unlikely since he limped after a bunch of limpers, but some people think " i ll be sneaky if i raise they ll know what i have" cuz theyre dumb) and thinks he outdrew two pair or was actually slowplayign the turn himself with those and his hemming and hawing was an act, u could even have a chop.

Some of this will go against ur very specific read but he could also not be a good hand reader and have two clubs and bluff raise with a hopeless hand

With ur very specific read its a fold obviously (he knows u have the straight and wont bluff raise), but u can never know ur opponent 100% people play bad sometimes, try to get thin value when stuck with big hands ect thats why u cant really fold this strong of a hand in this sized pot esp live players just suck (dont take that to mean u can never fold for 1 bet in live play closing the action I have plenty but I wouldnt here).
Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 PM

Remember, your reads will have to be correct 100% of the time to make this a good fold given 10 to 1 odds. I can't believe that you are not ahead at least one time in ten here. Ten "good folds" and one wrong decision and you are a loser.

Easy call.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, your reads will have to be correct 100% of the time to make this a good fold given 10 to 1 odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? Where do you get 100%?

No, you don't have to be 100% sure(given 10-1 odds). Only about 93%(to break even).

[ QUOTE ]
Ten "good folds" and one wrong decision and you are a loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this essentially make you break even on the fold?

b
Old 07-21-2007, 07:08 AM

Call... 93 wtf? guess you are a better hand reader than me