Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: NBA draft disccusion thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They really need Perkins, Green and/or Rondo to improve, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Green and Rondo will improve for sure but don't count on Perkins he has little to no talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're a C's fan that is happy with the trade? If I were I would be too. Pierce and Ray are gonna put up a lot of points together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not excited with the trade at all, I don't see why you would trade away picks for a old player. I do think that with the two of them and AJ that they will improve and will make the playoffs, but as a Celtic fan just making the playoffs is not important we need to worry about their future.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[/ QUOTE ]

I love him, but man is he a bad fit for da Bull.

That said, way better than the white stiff. Man, the last game of the season where the Knicks won on a last second tip-in against Charlotte really stings extra now.

Oh well.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGOBULLS!! !!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Perk had sick rebound rates for an 18-20 year old but last year he was really hurting with the foot. With his contract he's a decent value to the Cs. But he ain't no stopper.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Green and Rondo will improve for sure but don't count on Perkins he has little to no talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about that. I think if Perk can lower his foul rate (he got 3 fpg in like 22 mpg last year) he'd be a lot better. He gets like 6 rpg and 2 bpg last year in limited time plus we don't really need him to score (he needs to be at least competent so as to be a respected player and teams would be hesitant to really double big al).

Green on the other hand need I'm really hoping for some improvement next year. Rondo is dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has alot more to improve then just his foul rate, he is a horrible offensive player. He's a backup center on an average team at best.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not excited with the trade at all, I don't see why you would trade away picks for a old player. I do think that with the two of them and AJ that they will improve and will make the playoffs, but as a Celtic fan just making the playoffs is not important we need to worry about their future.

[/ QUOTE ]

When is the East going to be as weak as it is now? Not for a long time. Going for it hard now without giving up any value -- getting a superstar for what essentially amounts to the No. 5 draft pick is a steal -- is smart.

[ QUOTE ]

He has alot more to improve then just his foul rate, he is a horrible offensive player. He's a backup center on an average team at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to stop the hyperbole.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:38 PM

atlanta should take jav crittenton

I'm on a roller coaster. I'm actually fairly happy with getting Ray Allen. The 5th pick just wasn't that valuable to the Cs.

The problem is, but no one is really talking about it, is Pierce's health is a big question mark. He's been banged up for a while. As long as he gets in 70+ games next year, I'll be happy with this team for the next 2-3 years. Then it'll suck some more.

[ QUOTE ]
Perk had sick rebound rates for an 18-20 year old but last year he was really hurting with the foot. With his contract he's a decent value to the Cs. But he ain't no stopper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um Perk isn't 18-20, he's 23 in Nov

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about that. I think if Perk can lower his foul rate (he got 3 fpg in like 22 mpg last year) he'd be a lot better. He gets like 6 rpg and 2 bpg last year in limited time plus we don't really need him to score (he needs to be at least competent so as to be a respected player and teams would be hesitant to really double big al).

Green on the other hand need I'm really hoping for some improvement next year. Rondo is dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, we don't really need him too much offensively. If we can just get him to take a couple dunks a game then I'd be very happy. He's improved and is still only 22 so he has a future.