Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 10:25 AM

Default I\'m a believer...

just an observation. I can't believe the difference in play at 3/6 between Party and UB. I've played UB pretty much for 2 years. I got some bonus I need to work off. But seriously. It's a rockfest at the 3/6 level. maybe 3 to a flop if that.

So I tried Party. Ahhhh Party. 5 to a flop. 2 trying to hit their gutshots. It's wonderful. The UB bonus may have to wait.

UB for skill development.
Party for the bling.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Re: I\'m a believer...

Word up. I just switched too.

I was mostly playing 5/10 at UB because oddly enough I thought there were more fish there than the 2/4 and 3/6 tables.

Now I'm playing 2/4 at party to try to build up an actual 5/10 roll and can't believe my eyes sometimes...having 3 or 4 fish, like 60/0/0 fish, at the table at once!

I will say that it seems like my variance is way higher since I switched to no fold em hold em land...and I haven't cracked 2BB/100 yet.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will say that it seems like my variance is way higher since I switched to no fold em hold em land...and I haven't cracked 2BB/100 yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna guess that your VPIP is in the low-20s? Mid-20s? PFR in the teens somewhere? Same game you were playing in the UB 3/6 rockfest, right?

Adjust! Tighten up at these tables, both pre- and post-flop, while keeping your aggression, especially postflop, up, and you'll see your variance go down and your winrate go up. It's way too easy to fall into the "well, they're winning with crap, so I only need to be a LITTLE bit tigher than they are I'll do better" trap.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna guess that your VPIP is in the low-20s? Mid-20s? PFR in the teens somewhere? Same game you were playing in the UB 3/6 rockfest, right?

Adjust! Tighten up at these tables, both pre- and post-flop, while keeping your aggression, especially postflop, up, and you'll see your variance go down and your winrate go up. It's way too easy to fall into the "well, they're winning with crap, so I only need to be a LITTLE bit tigher than they are I'll do better" trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you got it pretty much on the nose - I'm somewhere around 22 / 11 / 2.5 - 3.0 I think...don't have my database in front of me.

I do remember that my best session was when I was running at 18/9 - somewhere around there is probably ideal for me. And I think I've been getting progressively looser too [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I can't let myself fall into the trap!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]