Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Wii, 360, or PS3?

[ QUOTE ]
What sports games does the 360 offer that makes it better than the PS3?

I'm sort of the same guy as OP with a little less emphasis on action games. I'm primarily a sports gamer..

Is there anything that would get me addicted to the PS3 because I do like Halo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta go w/ the 360 for sports games, but that's not too suprising since the original xbox did sports games better too IMO. Halo is really addicting and Mass Effect should be awesome, but if sports are your main focus I'd stay w/ the 360 as ports on the PS3 now tend to be slower.

Whether that continues in the future still has yet to be seen as most games are just touching on the possibilities in gameplay, length, graphics and design IMO.
And just like the PS2, the PS3 is proving difficult to program for during its budding years. But since we are in the here and now I absolutely can't recommend the PS3 over the 360 for what you are looking for.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:07 PM

360 and it ain't close. The 360 has so many amazing single player games right now to justify the purchase. It has the best version of Madden, has Bioshock which is one of my favorite single player games of all time, for action you have gears of war, Halo 3, etc, and most of the killer apps coming the PS3 way are also coming to 360.

As for Wii it's library is pretty depressing right now, so much crap released on that system. It does have some great games (Metroid, Zelda), with Mario and SSB coming, but SSB isn't really a "great" single player experience.

Currently 360's library blows everything else out of the water, although it is still early for Wii/PS3.

And this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of Nintendo games...and has owned every home system Nintendo has ever put out. The 360 has better games out now, better games on the horizon, (especially compared to the Wii) and is getting the majority of the PS3's great games.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and is getting the majority of the PS3's great games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said this twice, which ones are these again? The games that people will buy a PS3 for (MGS, Haze, and FF right now) are not slated to be released on the 360.

The 360's library is good, and better than both the PS3 and Wii, but to say it blows them out of the water is misleading. IMO you named the good games worth the $60 price tag and IMO there just isn't that many. There's maybe 10 games I would get on the 360, about 3 on th PS3, and probably 5-7 on the Wii. Personally, I'm not blown away by any of the systems game selection... yet (I hope...)
Old 10-25-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My top games of all-time (no particular order):

1. Mario Kart
2. Super Mario 64
3. Madden
4. Sonic the Hedgehog
5. Crash Bandicot
6. Tony Hawk 2
7. MLB Baseball
8. Metroid Prime
9. NBA Jam

[/ QUOTE ]

get the Wii. it's not even close with the list you just gave

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yeah, I'll have to completely rescind my previous recommendation based on the list you just gave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Mario 64 is easily my favorite game ever and Zelda 64 is in my top 5, but I am by no means certain that I should get a Wii over a 360. OP has a heavy bias towards sports games, so...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sports games in general are better on the 360, but with Mario Kart and Mario being in high demand with him and Madden being a really solid game on Wii IMO, this is Wii in a landslide.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:18 PM

Also, the wii SHOULD come out with the best baseball game at some point. I can not figure out why it doesn't have a huge sports line up. The wii controls beg for baseball/tennis/football games.

With no shooters on your top 9 games, the 360 really doesn't seem like a good idea either.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:44 PM

it's only a matter of time...wii has been out 11 months

it will have the best tennis/golf/football/soccer/baseball/basketball/hockey game in due time
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's only a matter of time...wii has been out 11 months

it will have the best tennis/golf/football/soccer/baseball/basketball/hockey game in due time

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya once a few sports games and a decent Star Wars game roll out, I'm gonna pick one up. It bugs me that they've taken this long.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You said this twice, which ones are these again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Devil May Cry 4, Army of Two, Assasin's Creed, Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft 4, Call of Duty 4. Those are just off the top of my head. I'm not rooting against Sony (or anyone for that matter) I just don't see Sony having a whole bunch on the horizon that you can't get on 360. Sure it will have some exclusives, but nothing like last generation. And right now I'd say 360 has the better exclusives out, and as good if not better ones on the way.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope you are right. Unfortuanetly, developers right now are putting their best efforts into 360/PS3 games and tacking on crappy motion controls on the Wii. I hope this trend stops soon.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You said this twice, which ones are these again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Devil May Cry 4, Army of Two, Assasin's Creed, Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft 4, Call of Duty 4. Those are just off the top of my head. I'm not rooting against Sony (or anyone for that matter) I just don't see Sony having a whole bunch on the horizon that you can't get on 360. Sure it will have some exclusives, but nothing like last generation. And right now I'd say 360 has the better exclusives out, and as good if not better ones on the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the games you mentioned didn't move the last gen (expensive) PS2 off the shelves and many were also available on both systems. The system movers for the PS3 are going to be MGS, Final Fantasy, & Haze which aren't offered on the 360 as of yet (as I mentioned before).

The only exclusive on the 360 I'm looking forward to is Mass Effect because how many shooters does one person really need... In the same light, however, I will probably pick up GTA for the 360 for the exclusive content and RE5 on the PS3 because that's the only system I've ever played RE on and it would be weird for me to change controllers.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But the games you mentioned didn't move the last gen (expensive) PS2 off the shelves and many were also available on both systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

GTA III and Vice City moved way more PS2s than MGS and FF. I'd be surprised if MGS4 stays exclusive to the PS3 for more than a year. And as has been stated numerous times which you have ignored, the creators of FF have all moved on and are creating games for 360. FF games are FF in name only now.