Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have the "fee" payed by us, the poker players instead of AP.

Everyone pool their money together to the amount AP was gonna pay and everything is solved.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong with Absolute paying his expenses and a reasonable fee ($5000 is plenty for a week). It's the "substantial" bit that rubbed me the wrong way - it's not the way to be or appear impartial when people who don't know Nat at all are trusting his word. There's more than the close community here who'll be reading his opinion. This is especially true if he gives them the thumbs up or has nothing shady to report, which is likely considering that he's blocked from actually looking at meaningful information.

If Nat isn't get paid expenses by Absolute, I will happily donate $50 to the cause by Stars or FT transfer. You can hold me to that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not going to be asking for/accepting any money from 2p2'ers for this if it ends up happening.

I appreciate the offer.

BTW, even though I will not be receiving an AP fee, I used substantial in case the amount ever surfaced. It is substantial to the average person with a regular job, but it is also relatively standard considering the nature of the work and, as you can read above, El D agrees with me. I came to the amount mainly on advice from other people, only one of whom was my lawyer.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you're trying to help them get back on their feet. The people who own the company are responsible for the cheating, and you think that cleaning house will solve that problem? How do you wipe out the owners of a buisness and remain viable?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because AP being clean/open/honest/etc going forward is good for poker. If I don't think they're really committed to that I'll say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed in that attitude. After what they've done, anything less than that company going under is NOT good for poker. Like many people have already shouted, if other sites see what AP did and also see them get away with it, that will be horrible for everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]
My ultimate goal is not to sink the company. I want them to pay for their mistakes. I also want them to be a good company going forward.

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are not. You may want to change your language here from "pay for their mistakes" to "compensate the affected players for their mistakes" as "pay" is a very aggressive word.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, pay for their mistakes is very much in the eye of whoever is reading it. I think they should obviously "pay" more overall than just the money that was cheated (otherwise they were on a complete freeroll), but I don't really know that I can say "how much" or whatever.

Much of their payment is in the form of a damaged rep and it's basically impossible to say how much they will/won't be hurt by that sort of impact.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone pool their money together to the amount AP was gonna pay and everything is solved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think going down as an investigative reporter sponsored by a media outlet is the best protection against any potential DOJ trouble.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so STFU idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I musta missed that chapter in my Zen Buddhism class [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think going down as an investigative reporter sponsored by a media outlet is the best protection against any potential DOJ trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I'm attempting -- and no, not BLUFF.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:59 AM

Good Job N 82 50 24..

What will happen in the future with this Scandal exposed is not important because we have no control over politics. laws, etc.. what is important is the fact that players will analyse more the HH in the future..You gave a reason to all poker player to analyse HH in the future. And if we feel we are been cheated the only thing we can do is to play elsewhere.

I am not illetrate, i am french canadian [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so STFU idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I musta missed that chapter in my Zen Buddhism class [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]ahaha yes read into the monks of mayanmar (bhurma. currently doing very non bhuddist like activities trying to get democracy i that country , you can still be "zen" and angry lol
Old 10-25-2007, 06:18 AM

If AP's intentions were to truly come clean and attempt to make a fresh start they would have asked Nat to join the audit team rather than participate in a PR meet-and-greet.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If AP's intentions were to truly come clean and attempt to make a fresh start they would have asked Nat to join the audit team rather than participate in a PR meet-and-greet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I mean... I can appreciate that everyone is trying to surmise AP's thoughts and all, but c'mon, are you being serious?

Don't you think it would look pretty weird if AP started suggesting to the auditors who they wanted to be auditing them? It's bad enough that ownership is so muddied that it pretty much looks like they're auditing themselves (I can't figure out if that is/isn't true), it would look even worse if AP tried to put certain people on the audit team.

Also, as described to me, the visit would not be a meet-and-greet. Whether it would turn out to be that is another story, but that was not the description I was given.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you genuinely believe that this is true, you really don't understand:

a) how an audit works

or

b) the purpose of Nat's visit