Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Are dinosaurs ever mentioned in the old or new testament???

Are dinosaurs ever mentioned int he old or new testament???
Old 08-11-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Are dinosaurs ever mentioned in the old or new testament???

There's some reference to ginormous monstrous beasts or something, and that is claimed to be referring to dinos. Little help, notready?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 PM

They're not, but a few ambiguous references are claimed to have been dinosaurs. One of the flood apology howlers that NotReady linked had a reference to archaeopteryx being aboard Noah's ark during the "local flood", because it wasn't a good flyer.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologe...ocalflood.html

If you dig around these sites, such as the above and http://www.answersingenesis.com you'll easily find literalist answers to your questions, as well as a couple of hours worth of high quality comedy.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:40 PM

One of the more entertaining posts I ever read in this forum was from a creationist who argued that Noah transported baby dinosaurs on his ark. The adult-sized ones were too big and bitey, I guess.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the more entertaining posts I ever read in this forum was from a creationist who argued that Noah transported baby dinosaurs on his ark. The adult-sized ones were too big and bitey, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously he didn't take the dinosaurs, that is why they are extinct.

doormat
Old 08-11-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously he didn't take the dinosaurs, that is why they are extinct.

doormat

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what the bible says, though. According to the bible, he took two of *every* creature.

The creationists who aren't arguing that god put "fake" dinosaur bones in the the Earth in order to "test our faith" are the ones arguing that Noah brought along baby dinosaurs on his 40 day voyage. The dinosaurs then proceeded to die off in the intervening 6000 years or so.

How these posters are capable of believing this while still being smart enough to operate their computers is beyond my understanding.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One of the flood apology howlers that NotReady linked had a reference to archaeopteryx being aboard Noah's ark during the "local flood", because it wasn't a good flyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accuracy really doesn't interest you much, does it? I'm so glad I woke up in time to decline debating you.

Not that it matters to you but because it might to someone who is reasonable and has an open mind, the cite I gave pertained to the extent of the flood, not to dinosaurs, and not to the age of the earth. So sorry to bring a little truth before your eyes, I'm sure you won't recognize it.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One of the flood apology howlers that NotReady linked had a reference to archaeopteryx being aboard Noah's ark during the "local flood", because it wasn't a good flyer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accuracy really doesn't interest you much, does it? I'm so glad I woke up in time to decline debating you.

Not that it matters to you but because it might to someone who is reasonable and has an open mind, the cite I gave pertained to the extent of the flood, not to dinosaurs, and not to the age of the earth. So sorry to bring a little truth before your eyes, I'm sure you won't recognize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil wasn't stating that you believed that dinosaurs were on the ark, he was referencing the fact that you had previously provided a link to a website which makes such a claim.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Phil wasn't stating that you believed that dinosaurs were on the ark, he was referencing the fact that you had previously provided a link to a website which makes such a claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I gave the cite for what it said about the flood, not dinosaurs. Suppose the link had been to a Catholic cite and I agreed with what it said about the flood? Does that mean I can't use it because I disagree with some Catholic doctrine?

What Phil did was sneaky, below the belt tactics. He never responded in any substantive way to the link in the thread about the flood but just made some idiotic, ignorant, snide comments. Which is typical of his style.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I gave the cite for what it said about the flood, not dinosaurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Phil clearly stated, "One of the flood apology howlers that NotReady linked had ..."

So relax and stop pretending to be offended.