Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Live 3/6 KTs hand

Typical LP game with one exception. Villian to my immediate right is too loose preflop, but somewhat TAGish postflop.

Hero is in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Preflop: 1 EP limper, Villian limps, Hero limps, 2 LP limpers, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
EP checks, Villian bets, Hero raise, 1 LP fold, 1 LP call, SB calls, BB and EP fold, Villian 3-bets, Hero calls, rest call.

Turn: (9 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Villian bets, Hero Raises, folded back to Villian who calls.

River: (13 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Villian checks, Hero bets, Villian calls.

It seemed clear after the hand that the turn raise completely minimized my profits for this hand. Is this a clear place to go for overcalls? I get so used to putting on the gas in these lowlimit games, I sometimes miss these occational "slowplay" opportunities...
Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 KTs hand

[ QUOTE ]
Typical LP game with one exception. Villian to my immediate right is too loose preflop, but somewhat TAGish postflop.

Hero is in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Preflop: 1 EP limper, Villian limps, Hero limps, 2 LP limpers, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7 Players)
EP checks, Villian bets, Hero raise, 1 LP fold, 1 LP call, SB calls, BB and EP fold, Villian 3-bets, Hero calls, rest call.

Turn: (9 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, Villian bets, Hero Raises, folded back to Villian who calls.

River: (13 BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Villian checks, Hero bets, Villian calls.

It seemed clear after the hand that the turn raise completely minimized my profits for this hand. Is this a clear place to go for overcalls? I get so used to putting on the gas in these lowlimit games, I sometimes miss these occational "slowplay" opportunities...

[/ QUOTE ]

raise PF. you have a suited broadway and should exploit your equity edge.

flop fine.

i would call the turn to induce overcalls as you're only getting cold called by a chop.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:59 PM

the 10 on the turn ruins any draws, so i think a raise here is good.i dont see anyone calling here without at least an 8, so get the price from villian
Old 06-19-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the 10 on the turn ruins any draws, so i think a raise here is good.i dont see anyone calling here without at least an 8, so get the price from villian

[/ QUOTE ]

true but if villain has a T then raising is pointless. no one calls this turn raise with an 8, but they prob will call one bet.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 PM

I wonder if we should fold the flop to the 3bet. I can't imagine we are good here very often and even though the pot has become bloated we arn't getting odds to spike a two outter and the fact that two people called our raise makes me think both tens probably not in the deck.

I just call preflop (but this is close - I'm raising KJs) and go for overs on the turn. J9/97 might call one bet here but no way they are calling two. Of course we lose value if somebody behind us has an 8 and calls down who would have gone to showdown for more bets.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM

raise pf.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no one folds to this turn raise with an 8

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Really its close but but SSH standard is raise KJs in MP, call KTs, and raise both in LP.

The line of course has to be drawn somewhere and I'm happy with it being J/T.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you on the drugs again? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

seriously. raising has sooooo many benefits. you're isolating loose limpers. you often have the best hand. you buy the button a good portion of the time. you set up fold equity on the flop when a number of scarecards come. you can take a free card on the flop if you wish. so many good things come from raising. raise. raise! raise!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:26 PM

Except for not raising PF, this seems okay to me I guess.. although not raising the turn would have probably kept 1 or 2 of the 3 players who folded out to your raise. Sometimes it's good to wait until the river to raise, in order to avoid someone c/c'ing in front of you. Of course hindsight is 20/20, and in this hand a turn call would have paid handsomely for you, since most of the five remaining players would be tempted to play the board after the river T.