Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt refuses to pay me my money

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta ask...why would they lie?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid question, but when someone was refusing to give me my money after I'd gone the extra step of getting a professionally-scanned document which I had confirmed was valid by e-mailing it to my friend, the "why" of the matter wasn't foremost in my mind. I just reacted angrily because they were refusing to give me my own money.

And playing devil's advocate, maybe there's a potential for some low-level shenanigans to go on with this kind of thing. I certainly agree that the CEO of Full Tilt wasn't greedily looking at my online bankroll, but it occurred to me that maybe an employee lower in the Full Tilt food chain was up to no good.

Remember that famous youtube video of the America Online customer service rep who simply refused to let the caller unsubscribe? AOL apparently had some kind of secret commission which they paid to customer service reps who were able to convince people who wanted to quit to stay on.

I honestly didn't think Full Tilt was going to keep my money forever, but I was suspecting that something like that AOL incident was going on. You know, just hoping I'd give up and go back to playing. The only problem is my daughter's orthodontist needs his payment now, and I wasn't in the mood for games.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:29 PM

You must not be making much money as a lawyer if you have to pay 5 bucks for every single document that you scan, copy, fax, etc.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're a lawyer you would have your paralegal scan your info and save the $5. Do you have a scanner at home? I don't see why you have to have it "professionally" scanned. And, if you are a lawyer do you over react like this in court?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to use office services for my online poker playing. We all know that online poker isn't illegal to play, but not everyone knows that. I probably could have made up some story for why I needed it scanned, but I didn't want to go there.

And no, this was probably the worst I've lost my temper in recent memory. Somebody refusing to give me my own money pushes my buttons, apparently.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must not be making much money as a lawyer if you have to pay 5 bucks for every single document that you scan, copy, fax, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is all the fascination with my legal career? FWIW, I fall around the middle of the legal food chain if you are so interested. I work for a good firm, but am not a partner and very few associates make partner so that probably won't change.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Maybe they don't have the software to open a PDF file? Maybe they require a MS file. I wouldn't get upset over it, simply resend the file asking if the format is ok.

Hope your a better poker player then a lawyer
Old 05-02-2007, 08:20 PM

I read this first paragraph:

"Maybe they don't have the software to open a PDF file? Maybe they require a MS file. I wouldn't get upset over it, simply resend the file asking if the format is ok."

and I thought ok- maybe the Rigel bashing is over and we can just stick to the discussion of the topic at hand.

then I read the last sentence:

"Hope your a better poker player then a lawyer"

and it was like a knife to the gut. One little sentence that casts doubt on both my skill at my profession- law- and my personal passion- poker. Devastating.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM

I hope you get charged an a-hole tax.

There is no reason that the CS people at FT should have to deal with your crap. Have you seriously never had a file go through that didn't work the first time?

It is lawyers like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

You will likely get snails paced service from now on and deserve it.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Glad you were talking to Bobo Fett and not to me.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 PM

Just for clarification purposes, how clear is a bell?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Rigel, glad to hear you got your money back. Even though most of us think (know?) you went WAAAAAY over the top with your email, it was still your money.

That being said, I hope you understand that this experience was extremely low on the scale of how online gaming outfits and their incompetent CS can screw with you, intentionally or not. Often times even the much worse incidents are eventually resolved, but usually it's only after days, weeks, or months of frustrating back-and-forth. Explosive emails like yours will usually NOT help the situation. Hopefully you take something more away from this than your money.