Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM

Default President Bush is a Dangerous Guy

Stupid political rant of the day.

I kind of liked Bush at the start and I was only moderately against him for a while. I think he is a decent guy and I believe he has a lot of natural leadership capabilities and he has vision (which I love because it is so rare in leaders). However, the guy simply does not know how to execute a game plan. There really is nothing more fraught with disaster than an ambitious game plan executed with the wrong team and a poor tactical leader.

I think the President is simply fatally flawed when it comes to assembling the right team and he obviously doesn't hold people accountable. His support for Gonzalez was so out of whack with Gonzalez' performance and it is so out of whack with the AG's complete lack of support from both parties that it simply boggles the mind. It leaves you wondering and a bit unnerved that someone can fail so disastrously in his administration and still have a job. Sadly, we have seen this many times before with him.

Is the White House a place for his friends to hang out or is it a place for serious people to do serious work?

Although I think Bush is smart enough to be president, he clearly does not have the chops to be one. Worse, he doesn't even have the ability to keep his house in order and to support himself with the best and brightest. That is very dangerous for the U.S.

For the first time, I wonder in Kerry would have been a better president. I hate Kerry as he is a pompous windbag who trashed his country and his fellow soldiers. However, I have to believe that even Kerry would have done a better job surrounding himself with talent.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: President Bush is a Dangerous Guy

[ QUOTE ]
I think he is a decent guy and I believe he has a lot of natural leadership capabilities ...

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! Stupid political rant is a huge understatement.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Bush's inability to hold anyone accountable comes from two places.

1) Bush himself has skated through life being bailed out by friends and family after messing up job after job. Unsurprisingly, he seems to hold his administration to the same rigorous standards. It's just typical old-boy networking writ extremely large.

2) Bush feels he was chosen by God to lead the country. Why would God put someone fallible in charge?

I think it's mostly #1 with a sprinkling of #2.

Also, for all the noise made about Bush's IQ, I don't think that really matters too much.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for all the noise made about Bush's IQ, I don't think that really matters too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me, from all that I've read about how the Bush administration operates, is that Bush isn't stupid so much as he's intentionally uninformed. Without making this a conspiracy post, Cheney really is making a lot of the decisions, and they use the President's lack of knowledge to shield him from harm. For example, the Valerie Plame leak for which insiders were shielded and Scooter Libby took the fall.

Regarding the OP, yeah, he's bad. The whole administration is dangerous.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Maybe its just because Bush is trying to do something important, and worth doing, and it ain't easy, so he's running into a lot of problems.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the first time, I wonder in Kerry would have been a better president.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO !! the only worse prez than Bush would have been Kerry ... well maybe Dean .. its all just Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich
Old 04-30-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Bush himself has skated through life being bailed out by friends and family after messing up job after job. Unsurprisingly, he seems to hold his administration to the same rigorous standards. It's just typical old-boy networking writ extremely large.

2) Bush feels he was chosen by God to lead the country. Why would God put someone fallible in charge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Accountable? Why would he want to hold anyone accountable? Everything's going basically the way he wants it to.

"You're doing a fine job, brownie."
Old 04-30-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, the guy simply does not know how to execute a game plan. There really is nothing more fraught with disaster than an ambitious game plan executed with the wrong team and a poor tactical leader.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said...the first time I saw General Garner address an Iraqi delegation on the future of Iraq I died with embarassment. Garner makes Gonzo look like a GENIUS! Garner's credentials were he supposedly was well liked by the Kurds but the Kurds like all Americans (except for the Ansar al Islam faction).

[ QUOTE ]
think the President is simply fatally flawed when it comes to assembling the right team and he obviously doesn't hold people accountable. His support for Gonzalez was so out of whack with Gonzalez' performance and it is so out of whack with the AG's complete lack of support from both parties that it simply boggles the mind. It leaves you wondering and a bit unnerved that someone can fail so disastrously in his administration and still have a job. Sadly, we have seen this many times before with him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I would say Bush values loyalty over ability but Colin Powell constantly undermined his foreign policy with leaks so I'm not sure why Bush appointed Gonzo. What drives me crazy is Bush attacks Repubs who criticize Gonzo but Bush turns the other cheeck when the Dems savage him and his administration.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the White House a place for his friends to hang out or is it a place for serious people to do serious work?

[/ QUOTE ]
Harriet Meyers a Supreme Court judge. Enough said...

[ QUOTE ]
For the first time, I wonder in Kerry would have been a better president. I hate Kerry as he is a pompous windbag who trashed his country and his fellow soldiers. However, I have to believe that even Kerry would have done a better job surrounding himself with talent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Short term Kerry would be worse. Appeasement to Iran/North Korea. Higher taxes. BUT.....he would dork-up things to the point where the people would be ready for a true conservative and not a Rockerfeller-Conservative like Bush... Kerry has a smooth delivery and is an expert at spinning. If I had to choose a Dem president, give me Kook-cinich so he can botch things up properly and keep the Dems out of the White House for the next 20 years...
Old 04-30-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its all just Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Accountable? Why would he want to hold anyone accountable? Everything's going basically the way he wants it to.

"You're doing a fine job, brownie."

[/ QUOTE ]

Iraq's not going how he or his adminstration wanted it to--this is largely a result of Rumsfeld not being held accountable. How exactly is everything going how he wanted it to?

I don't get the purpose of the quote, either, other than to reiterate that Bush doesn't hold people accountable.