Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: 25NL - Tough flop decision, even with AA?

[ QUOTE ]
In the 25K hands I've played since I got PokerTracker, I've never folded AA after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

does PT tell you how mny times youve they've been delt to you? just curious
Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM

wy ur guys dont put him on the ranges 99,kk,qq, kqs,aks.U got 25.470% and he got74.530% equity.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think BTN is calling a raise with preflop? I think a pair+GS is reasonable for an unknown to put a weak raise in like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't think his pot-sized raise looked weak, since the default raise at 10NL and 25NL seems to be a min-raise. It did seem like he was tempting a call, though.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wy ur guys dont put him on the ranges 99,kk,qq, kqs,aks.U got 25.470% and he got74.530% equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

discount KK and QQ cause no 3 bet pre
99 and KQ and JT are the three hands you have to worry about here.
I prob dont fold this flop but 3bet/push is pretty gross. prolly call flop and either c/r a safe turn or if villan bets huge on the turn I might just fold.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

does PT tell you how many times you've they've been dealt to you? just curious

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course! In 25,623 hands:
AA: 123 times
KK: 95 times
QQ: 115 times
JJ: 100 times

Expected number for each is 114 times.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:14 PM

To him your flop bet looks like it could be a cbet having totally missed the flop. He could therefore raise if he's paired anything. But... he could also have a monster... so I'd reraise to about 15, and fold to a shove.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know.. I hate when people say this when discussing a player with no reads. Just because decent and aggressive players reraise these hands here doesn't mean that you should assume all or even most players would.

This is a $25 dollar table. These tables are filled with passive players who never 3 bet. Or the 'tricky' people who smoothcall AA or KK.

I know I look for these players but, seriously, I'm sitting down with people who have stats like 65/1/3 or 75/0/.8 EVERY NIGHT. These players never 3 bet.

Regarding the actual hand- I think this is a pretty damn scary board for AA. And since he raised UTG, any player who's not braindead is going to realize that that flop is bound to have hit a lot of his raising range. The fact that he's getting raised despite all this information would lead me to indicate 1 pair is very likely NOT good.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know.. I hate when people say this when discussing a player with no reads. Just because decent and aggressive players reraise these hands here doesn't mean that you should assume all or even most players would.

This is a $25 dollar table. These tables are filled with passive players who never 3 bet. Or the 'tricky' people who smoothcall AA or KK.

I know I look for these players but, seriously, I'm sitting down with people who have stats like 65/1/3 or 75/0/.8 EVERY NIGHT. These players never 3 bet.

Regarding the actual hand- I think this is a pretty damn scary board for AA. And since he raised UTG, any player who's not braindead is going to realize that that flop is bound to have hit a lot of his raising range. The fact that he's getting raised despite all this information would lead me to indicate 1 pair is very likely NOT good.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not saying he NEVER has KK or QQ but id assume he is more likely to have 99 or KQ than either of those hands that cant be that far off?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To him your flop bet looks like it could be a cbet having totally missed the flop. He could therefore raise if he's paired anything. But... he could also have a monster... so I'd reraise to about 15, and fold to a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraising to 15 and folding to a shove???? Gawd that would be bad. At that point your getting 4.5-1 to call the remaining 9.00.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraising to 15 and folding to a shove???? Gawd that would be bad. At that point your getting 4.5-1 to call the remaining 9.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops good point, didnt look at stack sizes...

I'd still reraise though. Lets put him to a tough decision and demonstrate early on that we're no pussies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]