Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: KJo in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
A read I forgot to post is that I had observed the Villain raising flop with ANY pair/draws/and an A high this is probably where a large amount of his aggression takes place. After thinking about this, I have determined that I could probably have 3-bet this flop for value. Thoughts ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea of getting reads is to use that information to your advantage. You didn't here. 3-Bet the flop.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM

Must 3-bet the flop. As played I pay off the river.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, Villain had A2o. He was raising his 2 on the flop and then checked the turn to get tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very clever of villain... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 PM

I agree with 3-betting the flop, and i'd probably be a pow on the river but what about checking pre-flop? only saw one other thought on that. with one limper and sb completing i'm raising here right?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with 3-betting the flop, and i'd probably be a pow on the river but what about checking pre-flop? only saw one other thought on that. with one limper and sb completing i'm raising here right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Generally I don't like to raise out of the blinds with anything less than AJ+,88+,KQ. Is that range to tight ? In this situation, I agree with you that I probably should have raised considering what the potential holdings of the mp player left to act behind could have been.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:44 AM

Dank,

What was your thinking behind the river bet?
Old 10-19-2007, 06:31 PM

*g*

I think you could consider a preflop raise as you have considerable equity versus a op with 40 vpi...

on the flop it seems that you are putting him on ak or kq, but why? the pfr cant be taken seriously with 60 hands, with ak he probably would have raised, he might have kq ok, but he could also have kt, or k9 or even k8 or k7, but the most likely case is that he is on a flush draw. so I think you should reraise if he caps fear AK, or a KK or AA blind unsteal (didn't raise preflop to let you guys in and not steal the blinds). if capped you could consider folding to a bet if a spade or ace falls. if not capped bet again on the turn... if raised on turn call down till showdown...
if not raised then by all means bet river for value, as long as a spade doesnt fall...

well as you didnt cap on flop, a bet on turn and call to a raise could have been an option, it is unlikely that the ace helped unless he was already ahead with AK, he could have made a top pair while going for the flush but that is relatively unlikely in terms of distribution as he could also have any other two spades...

well for the river, he took a free card suggesting a flush draw, you correctly bet but got raised oh oh , his most likely hand is two pair with KQ but still make the crying call, god knows how many other hands he would play this way that doesn't make any sense what so ever...
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dank,

What was your thinking behind the river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
My thinking was that he had middle or bottom pair. He raises the flop with middle and bottom pair as well as A high a lot. the fact that he checked behind on the turn made me think that he has completely missed or is slowing down with his middle or bottom pair since I called his raise. At the time I felt that I had the best hand and the river bet was for value.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, Villain had A2o. He was raising his 2 on the flop and then checked the turn to get tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very clever of villain... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

off topic, but this really demonstrates how terrible slowplaying in a spot like this is. everything went perfect for him and yet he still lost at least 1 or maybe 2 bets from SB if he had just bet twice
Old 10-21-2007, 01:29 PM

3 bet flop
bet/call turn
check/fold river

or 3 bet flop
bet turn
bet/fold river

or 3 bet flop
check/call turn
check/call river

Whatever you do 3 bet the flop.