Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 PM

Default 50NL...set play - ill c/r him on the turn...

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 ($83.60)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($49.35)</font>
<font color="#C00000">MP2 ($48.70)</font>
MP3 ($121.95)
CO ($52.15)
Button ($30.05)
SB ($9)
BB ($69.60)
UTG ($52.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $2.25, UTG calls $2.25, Hero calls $2.25.

Flop: ($11.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $10</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($31.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($31.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $35.95 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $17.95.

Final Pot: $103.15
Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: 50NL...set play - ill c/r him on the turn...

Raise preflop. Postflop is standard considering the flop line you took.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:05 PM

sry that he had AK.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:05 PM

I DO NOT LIKE IT!

Raise preflop. As played check-call the flop because the tlop is very dry and there is not any point to lead the flop. Just CHECK it and let original raiser to make CBET. You get extra value from AK, AQ, KQ and maybe small pairs.

As played bet the turn. And I dont know what I do on the river. Probably cry and call.

You played it very badly and friday evening is not excuse to make bad plays [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As played bet the turn. And I dont know what I do on the river. Probably cry and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? bet the turn? I never thought of bet/call on the flop then open again on the turn. Whats my motivation?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 PM

I lead the turn, but I think that is a mistake by me because I tend to lose a lot of villans with that move. I also think this villan is going to check the turn and get the rest in on the river with junk. It is pretty clear that the villan either flopped a set (not all that likely given his position and pf raise, the avg 50NL prob doesnt raise 22 or 66 in MP2) 10's arent likely because IDK if he min raises the flop with 10's. So that really puts him on a total retard bluff which you cant fold on the river anyway, but I def think you are beat on the river. You just cant fold a set the way it was played.

I would think it would be much easier to lead the turn for 2/3rds and call a small RRAI then give him a free card (potentially) because you want to trap him even though there is no hand that is drawing on that flop so what could you be betting $5 with and calling a raise? I think you made it clear that you had a hand on the flop...now its a matter of trying to get some value from his range that you have crushed.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sry that he had AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK feels the need to take the control back by cbe..raising?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Really? bet the turn? I never thought of bet/call on the flop then open again on the turn. Whats my motivation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a very weak flop lead. I hate it. Villain is confused with a pair of queens and he just minraises to test your hand. You called and checked the turn. Villain is still confused, scared that you may check-raise him and he check behind you. And miracle card - queen came. You bet and villain shoved. Without queen he may just fold or call. I know it is very result oriented thinking but my point is as Xrod17 said: "I think you made it clear that you had a hand"

It means villain knows that you have a good hand and he dont pay you off without REAL hand and thats why you have to bet the turn to not give free chance to outdraw you. If he fold, so it be. He fold on the river too without real hand. But difference is - you dont give him free chance to get his miracle card on the river, what cuts your throat off.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a very weak flop lead. I hate it. Villain is confused with a pair of queens and he just minraises to test your hand. You called and checked the turn. Villain is still confused, scared that you may check-raise him and he check behind you. And miracle card - queen came. You bet and villain shoved. Without queen he may just fold or call. I know it is very result oriented thinking but my point is as Xrod17 said: "I think you made it clear that you had a hand"

It means villain knows that you have a good hand and he dont pay you off without REAL hand and thats why you have to bet the turn to not give free chance to outdraw you. If he fold, so it be. He fold on the river too without real hand. But difference is - you dont give him free chance to get his miracle card on the river, what cuts your throat off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the quick thoughtful responses guys.

Here is the immediate, raw, unprocessed response that came after reading this:
---
well the chance of him hitting an ace or king on the turn or the river is probably 100 times higher than catching runner runner jq.
and if he hit his a or k, he will probably call my all in bet or reraise all in
(considering his loose play on teh flop)
and i'll get paid off nicely
so i think my play is def a +ev play in the long run

Xrod17 said: "I think you made it clear that you had a hand"
how is it clear
its a non drawy board, yeah, but it was raised preflop
i can do that with two over cards, aj
and i think it'd be stupid not to call his minraise
cause it was his min raise
i get great pot odds
and also my check.. it can be seen as i'm scared of him
well two overs raise???
---

Results do not matter, but he did indeed have AK. That's why I think him hitting A/K gets him stacked as well...thoughts?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Results do not matter, but he did indeed have AK. That's why I think him hitting A/K gets him stacked as well...thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ] you played it fine. Anybody saying otherwise is being totally result oriented. If I lead the flop this is exactly how you should play it.