Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just run em

This [censored] about they do their job so they should be allowed to break the law is [censored] up. I hate godamned cops who do this [censored]. One day I saw a cop flip on his lights to blow through a red light. He went half a mile down the road to Denny's....to [censored] eat.

Recently there were two different wrecks involving cops speeding the wrong way on a one way road with no lights or siren on. One killed a person. Neither officer got in any legal trouble. One was fired but is currently going through the process of trying to get his job back.

WTF? Piss of [censored] douchebag cops.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just run em

Drew,

Link to news articles or something showing cops' wrongdoing you mentioned? I find it hard to believe that its happened twice recently, and I've fallen behind a little on my news recently, but I'm sure this is front page ish in Louisville. Kthx.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, pretty much...you gotta' pick your battles, i think we have bigger fish to fry

Cops put their life on the line everyday to protect and serve, who cares if they use that power/authority to run red lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you a professional athlete or a consultant?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Cops who turn thier siren on to avoid congested lights -or just ru

Edge,

Here's a link to an article summarizing Chicago's police force. chicago sun times
Old 07-27-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edge,

Here's a link to an article summarizing Chicago's police force. chicago sun times

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the article. Actual stories are better than any of the whiny little cop-hating brats around here. The stuff I'm reading there is pretty sick and is obviously a reprehensible use of power.

Here's some food for thought, though...

Chicago is one of the largest cities in this country. The third most populous, to be exact. And what we have here is the actions of maybe 5 to 10 people, TOPS, tarnishing the good name of the entire Chicago PD. I don't know how many officers and upper brass there are in the PD, a quick Google shows over 13000.

10 people. Out of 13000.

Cop haters get worked up over the actions of less than .1% of cops ruining the profession's reputation. There are jackasses in the profession, but that's no reason to show a complete lack of respect for police officers in general. Bad cops are the exception, not the rule.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:58 AM

Edge,

The very simple point, which is strangely going over your head, is that there was a systematic coverup by the entire police department and a culture of silence and protecting your own. The thugs torturing and murdering people were protected by those in charge and their peers in the force for years. Complaints were buried. None of those with knowledge of the abuses came forward. Investigations were squashed. And bear in mind, that the cases you hear about are only those that were caught.

Did you miss my link above where a Chicago cop murdered a guy in cold blood, on camera, and kept his job? Watch the video, this was publicly available and a cold blooded murderer was protected by the entire justice system. This isn't 10 out 13,000.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, you're right. i would dial 911, to come pick up the perp's body that i just put a bullet in with my glock 19 that i carry with a legal CCW. what now guids?

[/ QUOTE ]
John Spartan = sup bro?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:50 PM

i am personally tired of hearing people go on and on about how much we "owe" the cops/firemen/some civil servant. Thats their
JOB.thats what they get paid to do. job well done, sure. owe? you kiddin me !!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:04 PM

Here's another fine example of the Chicago PD, and the kind of thing cops can get away with.

sun times
An officer the Chicago Police Department tried to fire for punching an elderly man in the face after a fender-bender is now accused of doing nothing while fellow cops beat up bar patrons in January.

On Thursday, the four patrons filed a lawsuit in federal court saying they were beaten by at least five cops early Jan. 7 outside Carol's Pub at Clark and Leland on the North Side.

The defendants include Detective John Sebeck, who was suspended for nine months in 2000 after the Police Board rejected then-Supt. Terry Hillard's request to fire him for beating a 72-year-old man who rear-ended his car while Sebeck was off-duty.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:32 AM

Cops acting like a-holes is the reason I watch Disorderley Conduct and World's Wildest etc. praying the guy in the car chase gets away everytime

It is much much worse in USA than UK though