Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 10:22 PM

Default limp, raise, shove?

I'm sure this question has been answered many times in the past...

There is a limper in ep (who has been limping pretty decent amount), a raiser in mp or lp who is TAG and you are sitting in lp with AK. All three stacks are approximately with an M of around 10-15. The raiser most of the times will have AQ+, TT+ and not folding to your shove. Do you ever not slide here (smooth calling is out of question obv)?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: limp, raise, shove?

whats slide mean ?

I shove everytime
Old 06-28-2007, 04:18 AM

slide = shove
Old 06-28-2007, 04:50 AM

I think the raisers range is broader if this other guy is limping a lot of the time like AJs,99 in MP and 88, AJo, KQs in LP (maybe even looser to try to steal the blinds, but for the sake of the argument we don't include this). According to pokerstove and your raisingrange your about 50/50, so if you have some FE your move is +EV. If you broaden his range you become a slight favorite (2% and 7%). If this guy is raising from LP I would definitly shove (assuming your FE is greater then and you are a larger favourite). If he raises from MP it all depends if you think you are good player in this tournament (so passing up this coinflip isn't so bad) and if you have seen lay this other guy down hands after all-in reraises, depends also what your image is. So I am not able to give my definitive answer for that.

You say by the way that calling is out of the question, I think when this guy raise 3x BB which is M of 2 (without the antes) and you have an M of 13 or so you could definitely call sometimes because you have position on both players. The chance of flopping pair is namely about 30%, counting in potential antes and the blindmoney + your good position minus chances of them flopping something, you will have potequity of larger dan 33,33% by which calling is also a +EV move. When your M is 10 or lower calling is not an option anymore IMHO, so then it will be folding or raising.