Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Stat review for the last 19k please

Well this was a horror seasion for me played 1h and lost 4BB/100 over 1,2k hands.
Also I think every hand we played I lost and I think I run horrible overall.

10tablin is for me not that hard I started with 4 than 5 and so on and now 10 fast tables is standard.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:59 PM

@OP

Your fold BB to steal is ok for these stakes IMO. But it really depends. There is a rather big diff on various 1/2 games. If your games are filled with 60/5 LP types you prolly shouldnt defend more. If there is a bunch of TAGs you can defend more.

In any case. The real big issue with your stats is your positional awareness. Your ATSB is just way way way too low.

Button is the most profitabel position. This is where you should play a lot of hands. Only stealing 27% is actually a bit terrible!

What preflop chart are you using? I dont seem to remember any preflop charts that advocate such a tight line in LP.

Also. If someone tells you that you shouldnt steal a lot if there is loose passive players in the blinds that "wont fold often enough to make it profitable to steal with 75s" you should black list them

If the blinds are tight: Great! now you pick up the pot uncontested

If the blinds are loose/bad: Great now you end up in position against players who make a lot of big mistakes postflop. Play a lot of hands!

If the blinds are loosish but good and aggro: Crap! Now you tighten up. But still not to the point where your ATSB is 27%. It should not be below 40%

Finally I wanna say that the old: "Play tight in loose games" theory have 1 major flaw: Loose players will often be bad postflop. When you play tight you give up on opportunities to play pots with them and exploit their mistakes.

So there is a trade off. You want to play tight to have an eq edge of money going in preflop and to avoid playing RIO hands like A6o in multiway pots. But you also want to play loose to be in pots against a bad players to make money on their postflop mistakes.

I am not convinced that playing 22/19 or 25/18 is optimal. At any stake!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Here are my stats for November so far (I was vacationing the first week so only 4-5 days of play so far). Maybe you can gather something from this small sample.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not convinced that playing 22/19 or 25/18 is optimal. At any stake!

[/ QUOTE ]

It isnīt. But most players do better with that style especially multitabling.
And the mantra about stealing more and defending more everytime someone post stats are contraproductive unless the post contains the information yours just did.
A player that wants to steal more and defend more really need an understanding of when and why.
And even when they understand the when and why:s it is extremely difficult to execute.
Ask me.Every time I try to LAG it up it blows up in my face.
Iīm beyond a doubt a winning player and can still not play a LAG/TAG style comfortably at 5/10 and 3/6.
For those who strives to rise as fast as possible through the limits then they must learn but the others must not unless they are sure it gets their winrate better instead of worse.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It isnīt. But most players do better with that style especially multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

True!

But the answer to this really isnt to stay tight but to try and learn to play the LAG/TAG or LAG or whatever is optimal. But its very important to realize that when you loosen up from 22/18 to 30/20 people are gonna adjust to your play. Your distribution will be weaker at any given point in a hand so observant players will take more shots and will be calling down more loose. You have to adjust to this by getting more to SD and vb'ing thinner.

Just LAGging it up preflop isnt enough. You have to adjust postflop as well!

[ QUOTE ]
And the mantra about stealing more and defending more everytime someone post stats are contraproductive unless the post contains the information yours just did

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. And people who posts 1-liners in these stats threads should be insta-banned. But cant blame them really as we get a stat thread every day and its the same stuff that people argue about.

Two final points

When we discuss a posters VPIP and PFR its actually pretty dumb. The optimal values of these depend soooo much on average number of players.

Also discussing optimal levels of defending and stealing is actually quite ridiculous without knowing how OP's games play.

So whenever someone makes a stat post there should be these insta-one-liners:

How do your games play?
Average number of players?
Old 11-11-2007, 03:27 PM

30/20/0.8
Old 11-11-2007, 03:36 PM

yea same as most others, fold BB too much to steal, should be stealing slightly more. Your should open up your range slightly to like 26% PF or a little higher