Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: The Price is Right finally makes a choice

GOD NO. Drew Carey sucks so bad. hes not funny at all, I dont think ill ever watch the show again...

plus if they try to make it more glamorous...and they also got a new voice person to call people down and such, he sucks too.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is daytime tv really that big of a market? I'm sure TPiR slaughters the competition in their time slot, but I can't imagine it brings in the ad revenue to pay a host big bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...you know TPIR is a 40 minute commercial, with 20 minutes of commercials, right?

And TPIR does slaughter it's time slot. Stay-home parents and retirees are a big part of their audience. An equally large part of their audience, though, is college students.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is daytime tv really that big of a market? I'm sure TPiR slaughters the competition in their time slot, but I can't imagine it brings in the ad revenue to pay a host big bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...you know TPIR is a 40 minute commercial, with 20 minutes of commercials, right?

And TPIR does slaughter it's time slot. Stay-home parents and retirees are a big part of their audience. An equally large part of their audience, though, is college students.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very surprised if this were true
Old 07-25-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

equal, yes, i'd be surprised

but the crowd is always full of college students - obv it's easier for them to travel, with their lack of debilitating injuries and all
Old 07-25-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

equal, yes, i'd be surprised

but the crowd is always full of college students - obv it's easier for them to travel, with their lack of dye-uh-bee-tuss and all

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-25-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHo watches the TPIR - mainly housewives right? Drew Cary seems a little too risque for that audience. Barker was not a comedian, just a pure MC - which is what that show needs. DC will be trying to crack jokes every 30 seconds. I don't see this working unless DC tones down his act and becomes a complete bore.

[/ QUOTE ]
Drew Carey is a housewife's perfect man. Non-threatening, gawky in an adorable way, self-deprecating, and genuine.

All,

I don't think we can properly judge the potential success of this move without seeing "The Power Of 10." Reportedly CBS was so bowled over by how well he hosted this show that they offered him the "TPIR" gig.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:16 PM

I will tune in to watch Drew Carey miss 80% of his putts from 10 feet and in.