Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 03:17 PM

Default Re: 99 flops overpair linecheck

:g:

PF raisy daisy and hand plays differently.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:49 PM

After the three bet on the flop, I'm checking and calling down the turn and the river.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since villain is unknown, I think b/f is the worst choice. If we really feel like we are ahead, we should decide to call 2 big bets and get to showdown. If we think we are behind, we should just c/f the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to stress that by 'behind' buzz means (I guess), so far behind that the pot-odds aren't enough to call down. We shouldn't fold if we think we are 48% to win of course.

[ QUOTE ]

Villain has already "told" us he likes to play his hand aggressively. If he is behind, and has 6-10 outs against us, then that is unfortunate, as it's the price of being OOP with a mid-pair vs the pfr & flop 3-bettor. FWIW, I think going to SD cheaply and c/f are about even. I think we are usually behind though. Also with a known villain who plays ABC, we can b/f the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

B/c is my favourite line, but that seems unthinkable to u. Being aggro in position on a two-flush ragged board is not the same thing as betting again on the turn against 3. I think it's worth that extra bet to not give a FC. If we are raised (like we were) we have to show-down against an unknown considering our pot-odds I think.