Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 01:13 PM

Default 10NL - Wasn\'t sure about raising this flop

Would you be raising this all the time?
Would you checkraise the flop?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $9.89
BB: $5.60
UTG: $10.43
BTN: $6.48

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.15</font>, Hero calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to BB

Flop: ($0.45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.20</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($1.85) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $1.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $2.85 ($0.05 Rake)
Old 09-29-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: 10NL - Wasn\'t sure about raising this flop

Preflop, I most likely 3-bet to $0.45 or so. The main drawback to this is that I most likely throw my hand away if Button 4-bets big, but hopefully he won't do this very often without a better hand (I'm not really sure how the limit plays).

If I 3-bet preflop, I would lead the flop. After just calling, I think donk-betting this very favorable flop is an option, but I'd be tempted to try snapping off a c-bet with a checkraise instead. And then when, surprisingly, the bet comes from BB instead, I might go ahead and checkraise anyway. But I don't think just calling is awful or anything, with your strong but not monster hand.

As played, leading and check-calling the turn both seem like options to me. At this point, I think we're hoping for a medium-sized pot, which does strengthen the case for a check, but we do risk giving a free card to a hand with a lot of outs.

I'm not crazy about that river card since it could've given BB aces up, and I'm not happy either when he 3-barrels and also bets bigger than he has up until now, but I probably pay off. Well, I say "pay off," but actually I suspect you'll win a decent chunk of the time if you call. You've underrepresented your hand, and I doubt BB thinks you have anything as strong as TT.