Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Tony Cabot and the PPA

I recently attended an excellent presentation by Tony Cabot hosted by the Libertarian Party in Las Vegas. The general subject was the UIGE Act, the lobbying that went on,and, in passing, the PPA.

From involvement in this forum, I have a pretty good sense of the blow by blow history leading to the Safe Ports Act passage. Tony explained the history very well and clearly had been shocked at the the legislative process he and the PPA saw unfolding last year.

Tony is an excellent attorney and personally believes in the cause of personal freedom from government intervention like the UIGE Act. I would not hesitate to retain him for advice on legal matters.

However, like the PPA, he started WAY down the learning curve politically in 2006, (by his own description.) His view/opinion expresed in his Memo should be taken with that in mind.

TruePoker CEO
Old 03-17-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Tony Cabot and the PPA

[ QUOTE ]
However, like the PPA, he started WAY down the learning curve politically in 2006, (by his own description.) His view/opinion expresed in his Memo should be taken with that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same can be said for nearly all of us on this forum. I had no idea that bills were frequently passed or even voted on without even being read by those casting the votes.

That said, I think that it is good that Tony Cabot, someone with a solid legal background, is on our side. It certainly can't hurt.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:12 PM

You were in Vegas? Weren't you concerned about being "detained"?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 PM

No, he wasn't worried. He came in with a wig-fake mustache and a cane. Oh, yeah, he used an assumed name----John Smith