Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Melbourne cup 11/6/07

Hey all. I am a complete noob at betting on horse racing and am going to the Melbourne cup on tuesday. Any aussies on the board have any advice for an american looking to make a wager? I am really just going to get pissed but I feel like I have to place a bet and figured there must be some people on this board that could give me some help.
Thanks.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Melbourne cup 11/6/07

MYSTERY TRIFECTAS!!!!!!!!! haha they're the ultimate in degen-ness you can pick them up at TAB's basically like an autopick in the lottery. No better place to get pissed than the Melbourne Cup. I like Maybe Better #7 he was a raging favourite before the Caufield Cup but ran poorly in that. I don't see it as such a big deal because all season the horse is being primed for this particular race and gets a nice weight drop from his CC run. If it rains (Melbourne weather is utterly f*cked so this is a high chance) I'd lean toward Tawqeet #1 who was last years favourite because it finished strong in the CC suggesting he should handle the extra distance and he/she likes the wet track. But really i have no idea and i guarantee all my wagers are -EV but it is the race that stops a nation. Regardless enjoy the day

(For those who care i'm leaning towards a 7-9-12 donk trifecta if the weather is fine)
Old 11-05-2007, 01:30 PM

There's a lot of talk that Zipping will definitely figure in the top 3 - looked very impressive in a dodgy run on Saturday, don't know if it's good enough to win, but you should get a bit of excitement out of it!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(For those who care i'm leaning towards a 7-9-12 donk trifecta if the weather is fine)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay horse #7 Maybe Better gets scratched so i replace he/she with 24 in my donk trifecta. And the little [censored] run 2nd, 3rd and 4th very nearly turned $60 into $15k *sigh*