Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Farha VS. Srugby

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it means he wrote that bit on farha to feed his ego, so that he would keep playing mixed games with the regulars at the big game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why Sammy took 8 million in the big game before High Stakes 3 according to Harman and Elezra.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Farha only plays PLO and PLH/NLH with a 100k cap. He is a very swingy player and I think Brian will win. Still, Brian's BR management here sucks IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know him ?
I mean he plays biggest limits online why shouldnt he have the BR for that game ?
Old 06-06-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it means he wrote that bit on farha to feed his ego, so that he would keep playing mixed games with the regulars at the big game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why Sammy took 8 million in the big game before High Stakes 3 according to Harman and Elezra.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Farha only plays PLO and PLH/NLH with a 100k cap. He is a very swingy player and I think Brian will win. Still, Brian's BR management here sucks IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I think if they were playing with a cap Brian would be a huge favorite
Old 06-06-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is Ivey, PA, and Benyamine in all of this? I know its HU, I'm just saying, I know Ivey really loves High Stakes Live PLO (or anything for that matter), and I'm sure PA and Benyamine would jump in too. I think it will be an interesting couple of days if these 5 got together.

[/ QUOTE ]

WSOP ?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:05 AM

Those of you who think that Greenstein is the only one who says Sammy is a world class shorthanded PLO player need to do more research. It's been stated by several big names, sometimes without even using his name.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:06 AM

so do they play tonight? (the 6th) or last night (the 5th) and if so....

RESULTSSSSSSSSSSSS PLZ
Old 06-06-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those of you who think that Greenstein is the only one who says Sammy is a world class shorthanded PLO player need to do more research. It's been stated by several big names, sometimes without even using his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

based off of what a 20k hand sample size tops?

I think live players underestimate variance more than online players, and online players are just coming to grips with what is possible(think back 2years ago a 300bb limit downswing was unheard of, and considered impossible if playing well, nl swings underestimated as well)

that is with big samples, it could easily take 5yrs for a live pro to play 100k hands, and the standard deviation on a 100k hands is multiple ptbb/100
Old 06-06-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankie knows Farha is a really sick loser @ the big game. The fool has only played 60k hands of Omaha in his life, but b/c of sample size, his stats are inaccurate, and so everyone thinks he's kind of good (b/c he runs well in Omaha).

Frankie knows better. Frankie sold his house, car, horse stable, land, and bonds to play the fool; $300k after Ol' Uncle Sam's taxation.

Now Frankie knew what he got himself into, and told sam that they only play by his rules:

No Limit Omaha
4 cards dealt (three exposed)
Each player gets 5 blinds (60k a pop)

And it only took 1 hand for Ol' Sammy to get lucky and end the match:

Frankie had A92[2] rainbow dealt in the hole
Farha was showing TJJ

We posted our blinds and flop came down:
AKQ

I figured my pair was good so I checked, trying to induce a bluff. Sammy checked behind.

Turn came off a Ten and the board looked like this:

AKQT

I figured I'd make it look like I was bluffing (to try to get Sammy to put me all in) so I made it 1 blind to go, Sammy called.

River was a Jack giving Sammy a set.

Putting AKQTJ up on the board.

I figured only way I could take it down was bluff. Frankie led out for another two blinds, and Sammy pushed all in for his remaining three blinds. Knowing I couldn't beat his set, I said "nice play" and mucked face up, showing him my pair of aces.

Push came to shove, and Sammy got the best of it. Frankie knew he could make a comeback with his remaining blind, but in the end he felt it wasn't right; Sammy came to America searching for dreams, and taking them away was not the American thing to do.

We chatted it up instead over some waffles, and eventually struck a business deal.

So how does he get his money? He spews at every game besides Omaha (because the river always bails him out), and yet losing a million in a day to him is like nothing. Well its because he is really good at hustling ppl. He lives in Texas, and runs the oldest scam in the book; selling Lebanese property claiming it is rich in oil.

I fell for this trick back in '97. After our heads up match and waffles, I took his offer, and bought a parcel of his land. For $46 thousand I got this chunk of land:

Till this day I have seen not a drop of oil. Camels, wild boars, and occasional Arab trespassers is all it is good for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol you are retarded and you deserve to be scammed.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:17 AM

Hotmark Im positive you are not leveling bc you don't do that so please be sober when you read Frankie next time.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:20 AM

Results!!! They may still be playing but it's pretty late now someone must know someone there that can sms results then have them posted...

This match is sick.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:23 AM

Umm, if Sammy's so bad at Omaha why's he got two WSOP bracelets in it? How many bracelets does Brian have?