Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 AM

Default i should change of game?

I just play omaha hi/lo mi second best game. I was just trying something, i Played 25pot limit; although, my bankroll is of 350$. and i made a profit of $50,and I really feel that i have edge over the ppl who play here, I should continue playing holdem or start playing omaha hi/lo??
Old 09-18-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: i should change of game?

omaha might suit u, the thing is u probably played just a very few hands. Also, most of the micro omaha players are just guys who are tired with holdem and want to have a little fun time and dont have a clue about the game (myself included), therefore it might be profitable for u at this stakes, where 75% of the omaha players are holdem regulars that play omaha every once in a while, but not at higher stakes
Old 09-18-2007, 12:51 AM

So, 2 years ago when I was making like $7 hour washing dishes and [censored], my friend told me about this guy she banged who played poker for a living.

So I decided to get into it. I went to barnes & nobles and read a buncha books after work/school, since I couldn't afford any of them.

Anyways. The first book I ever bought was by Ray Zee and it was the 7 Stud & Omaha Hi/Lo book. I thought since everyone & their mom plays Hold 'Em, the only people that ever play Omaha Hi/Lo are total fish. So I would get really good at it and own everyone.

I found a points system online which ranked starting Hi Lo hands and used it to crush the play money hi/lo games. I then decided to deposit $50 online and play Hi/Lo. I did this. In one night on Party, I went down to $11, and then back up to like $48. I then withdrew from Party and deposited it all on UB where they had .01/.02 Hi/Lo games, and decided to play those. I busted.

I then quit online poker forever, and decided to just concentrate on my studies. However, my friend, used my name when signing up for Party Poker, and BAM, I had another $50. I did the same thing - moved it to UB, and played Hi/Lo, since this was the game for me, and I was gonna rule everyone.

Anyways. Long story short, I was down to like $13 or something when I realized that Hi/Lo is for retarded monkeys and people from South East Asian countries, and moved to Texas Hold 'Em, where I promptly went robusto by bonus whoring limit, and continued to play it until this year.

Moral of the story: [CENSORED] OMAHA HI/LO!!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just play omaha hi/lo mi second best game. I was just trying something, i Played 25pot limit; although, my bankroll is of 350$. and i made a profit of $50,and I really feel that i have edge over the ppl who play here, I should continue playing holdem or start playing omaha hi/lo??

[/ QUOTE ]
Im fairly certain you are way underrolled for Omaha. Not sure if there is a big difference in the bankroll requirements for PLO and hilow, but I would want 30+ buy ins for any Omaha game I am sitting in and taking seriously.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:00 AM

really, i think i have edge because couple of days ago i played like 5 sit and go's (heads up) and won them all, and play 1 full ring and end third. And usually I have played before limit 25 pl hi/lo and most of the times i end with profit. And now I played in 3 tables winning in the three of them and I played like for an hour. That's why im not sure to continue with holdem (I think that going back to 10max) or give a real shot de omaha hi/lo.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Just keep playing what your best at and what you're winning with and your sample size is too small for anyone to really tell you anything useful.
Closed Thread