Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Canterbury drama last night

[ QUOTE ]
True story: In a tourney guys all in (but dealer failed to realize that). I call, preflop, w pocket kings. Guy threw down his hand in disgust. Dealer mucks it and ships me the pot.

Floor called. The guy was able to tell the floor what cards he had,they dug around the muck for them, and they played it out. (i still won, but had to sweat a flush draw on turn and river). Floor there is rather stupid and dealers mess up too many times for my liking.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? The floor at Canterbury is awesome. Where do you play where the floor is better? I'm sure the answer will be hysterical. I've played in a lot of rooms and Canterbury is by far the best run room I've ever been in.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A well-known 15/30 player (board name starts with G) was 86'd for using up his effinheimer quota.

He was irate about this and was discussing it with floorman Mike. G maintained that he did not say M_r F_r, but did say specifically "Modda Fodda".

He was told that he would have to take the matter up with higher management tomorrow (meaning today).

G was not happy with that and said "Mike you are a joke and should be embarrassed about the way you run this place".

G then talked to Francis with 2 security men standing by.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens very often. I cant imagine why you are making a thread about it. There is alot better Cbury gossip also not worth mentioning here.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is alot better Cbury gossip also not worth mentioning here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not worth going into? Why not?

Go on...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This happens very often. I can't imagine why you are making a thread about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mebbe because I felt like it.

I can't imagine why you'd read it comment on it when you are apparently so bored by any CP gossip...
Old 11-09-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This happens very often. I can't imagine why you are making a thread about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mebbe because I felt like it.

I can't imagine why you'd read it comment on it when you are apparently so bored by any CP gossip...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see, because hopefully I can show you will how stupid it is to make a thread in NVG on something that is practically an everynight occurrence, so that when I see a thread entitled "Canterbury drama" it wont be a waste of my time to read it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gassitt? Why don't you just tell us who it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know if it would be allowed.

As someone said, it is Gennady.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dont want to out a guy that like 5 people on this forum have ever heard of in News Views and Gossip
Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 AM

this is really weaksauce NVG, the one redeeming thing may be, why is gennady playing 15/30? busto??

also, i thought goker bob is self exiled from 2p2?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 AM

I dont mind the place, but i dont like a lot of the dealers there.

as an example,

I was playing 3 6 or 4 8(lol micros) and i get 9 5 off in the bb checks to me, we see a flop and i flop two pair, and turn a boat(ship the small pot!)

I give the dealer a 2 dollar tip and he looks at me and mutters under his breath "i gave you a full house..." obviously not satisfied with my generosity.

I decided to be a gentlemen about it and not say anything and luckily he rotated to the next table 5 minutes later.

I also have a couple of friends that work in the cage and we have gotten into discussions about hitting the jackpot and how much we would tip the dealer. I figured 4 or 500 would be enough, but i guess a lot of the dealers are EXPECTING 2 to 3 grand and anything less is an insult.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

as an example,

I was playing 3 6 or 4 8(lol micros) and i get 9 5 off in the bb checks to me, we see a flop and i flop two pair, and turn a boat(ship the small pot!)

I give the dealer a 2 dollar tip and he looks at me and mutters under his breath "i gave you a full house..." obviously not satisfied with my generosity.

I decided to be a gentlemen about it and not say anything and luckily he rotated to the next table 5 minutes later.

I also have a couple of friends that work in the cage and we have gotten into discussions about hitting the jackpot and how much we would tip the dealer. I figured 4 or 500 would be enough, but i guess a lot of the dealers are EXPECTING 2 to 3 grand and anything less is an insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this during days, maybe? CP is my home room and I just have never seen any of this in hundreds of hours of play.

FWIW, the BBJ is so big there you should be tipping like a grand on an average one. But hey, it certainly ain't 2 or 3.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as an example,

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this during days, maybe? CP is my home room and I just have never seen any of this in hundreds of hours of play.

FWIW, the BBJ is so big there you should be tipping like a grand on an average one. But hey, it certainly ain't 2 or 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tip no more than 2 dollars every pot and the dealers are super cool to me.