Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How long would it take for OOT to cause your demise?
Less than 24 hours 1 1.23%
>1 day, < 1 month 4 4.94%
>1 month, < 1 year 7 8.64%
Never, my life is not interesting enough for anyone to care that much 69 85.19%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread***

Plz to be not getting swept out of the Professional Baseball Championship Crapshoot Tournament.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm just going to reminisce how happy I was last Sunday, just being in the position to be in the playoffs, and how unhappy we made the Mets.

ahhhh

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. Even if we get swept, I'll still be happy about this season. It's been a great run for these guys and something to build upon next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be disappointed if they got swept, even though it was an amazing regular season. plus, the Eagles (1-3, 0-2) have the bye week. I really want to be able to cheer for a Philadelphia team this Sunday and hopefully the following Tuesday in game 5.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really want to be able to cheer for a Philadelphia team this Sunday and hopefully the following Tuesday in game 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flyers, FTW.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:03 AM

Phillies fans,

Your team is so money and you don't even know it. You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and fangs, man. The Rockies are just like this little bunny who's just kinda cowering in the corner. You got these claws and you're staring at these claws, and you're thinkin' to yourself, with these claws, you're thinkin', "How am I supposed to win this series?" You know what I mean? And the bunny's scared of you. You're thinking to yourself, "I don't know what to do, man. I don't know how to win this series." With this, you don't know how to win this series!

I want you to go over to Denver and I want you to win those games. Look it, when you go up to Denver I don't want you to be the team in the PG movie everyone's really hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the team in the rated R movie, you know? The team you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where they're coming from, okay? You're a bad team. You're a bad team. You're a bad team. Bad team.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:10 AM

I'm inspired
Old 10-05-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phillies fans,

Your team is so money and you don't even know it. You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and fangs, man. The Rockies are just like this little bunny who's just kinda cowering in the corner. You got these claws and you're staring at these claws, and you're thinkin' to yourself, with these claws, you're thinkin', "How am I supposed to win this series?" You know what I mean? And the bunny's scared of you. You're thinking to yourself, "I don't know what to do, man. I don't know how to win this series." With this, you don't know how to win this series!

I want you to go over to Denver and I want you to win those games. Look it, when you go up to Denver I don't want you to be the team in the PG movie everyone's really hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the team in the rated R movie, you know? The team you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where they're coming from, okay? You're a bad team. You're a bad team. You're a bad team. Bad team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a strange optimism creeping over me after reading this.

Also, if the NLCS is as hot as Heather Graham we totally need to get there. But I'm not doing all that gay swing dancing [censored]. Really.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if the NLCS is as hot as Heather Graham we totally need to get there. But I'm not doing all that gay swing dancing [censored]. Really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong scene in the movie ftw.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Jimenez is awful, clearly the Phightin's win Game 3, Hamels throws 2-hit shutout Game 4 [Yes, in Coors] and then we return to Kendrick starting Game 5 at home, and Romero gives up 5-3 lead in 8th on Helton 3-run HR and we all cry.

1 ER in 9ip off Rox' pen? That's unpossible!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimenez is awful, clearly the Phightin's win Game 3, Hamels throws 2-hit shutout Game 4 [Yes, in Coors] and then we return to Kendrick starting Game 5 at home, and Romero gives up 5-3 lead in 8th on Helton 3-run HR and we all cry.

1 ER in 9ip off Rox' pen? That's unpossible!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hamels says he's not pitching game 4. Currently Lohse is scheduled to start, saving Hamels for game 5. [/nitpick
Old 10-05-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong scene in the movie ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like my scene better than the Nikki-coffee girl scene.

If we're going with that, then the Phils win Saturday (get number, ldo) and totally get blown out of water Sunday by calling like 38 times leaving messages that make me so uncomfortable I have to fast-forward through them half the time.

Not what I was hoping for, imo.